ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mod hates

MCS R56
Not long added a Magnex cat back system to the Cup...

Hate it! Looks pi$h, sounds pi$h and I am slightly embarrassed to drive the car. Everyone to their own but it's too loud (for me) and it has to go! I am not sure how some people with the proper 'loud' stuff can accept the noise, all the damn time!

Anyone got any ideas, other than standard exhaust? Do I need to change the whole system or can I just change the back box?

I would rather not use the standard system; I admire the qualities of rust as mush as the next person but not when it comes to an exhaust.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i got a blue flame forsale from my cup, soon to list, its not too loud, gives a boost in performance, and looks ok.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I know exactly what you mean fella, i dont know how people can drive with decat pipe on !! I've just fitted the GDI stealth, its loud from inside the car but if your in the mood its amazing ...... but when you've got a banging headache tis a bit of a nightmare. Excellent quality exhaust tho and not stupid tailpipe sticking out of the back

Clio 182 (black)
i have a blue flame exhaust. Its not over the top loud, you can hardly hear it when cruising at 30mph or just driving around, but sounds nice when you want it to, especially in 2nd & 3rd gear when valve timing kicks in :D

MCS R56
gaz0044

Audi TT 225
Yuk ovals just look wrong on clio's get a stealth or my persoanl preference one cut into the bumper

MCS R56
Yuk ovals just look wrong on clio's get a stealth or my persoanl preference one cut into the bumper

I agree. Too big and oval just looks gash. It also creates a bit of vibration so I will be removing it asap but not sure what to replace it with. I want it to sound standard.

VaVa
Then you're going to need a standard exhaust system.

Even the aftermarket 'stealth' systems are far louder than standard in reality.

If I had the time I'd get a patent exhaust set up. Direct replacement for the OE one but no louder and made from stainless. The rate at which the standard ones fail and the amount of people who come on here asking for an aftermarket stainless which is no louder than the OE system suggests that there's a market for it.

And on the topic of hating mods... yes I agree. I've got to drop my missus off in town in a short while and know full well that I shall be looked upon as some sort of boy racer chav as my car has a fairly loud stainless exhuast on it. :(

Last edited:
Then you're going to need a standard exhaust system.

Even the aftermarket 'stealth' systems are far louder than standard in reality.

If I had the time I'd get a patent exhaust set up. Direct replacement for the OE one but no louder and made from stainless. The rate at which the standard ones fail and the amount of people who come on here asking for an aftermarket stainless which is no louder than the OE system suggests that there's a market for it.

And on the topic of hating mods... yes I agree. I've got to drop my missus off in town in a short while and know full well that I shall be looked upon as some sort of boy racer chav as my car has a fairly loud stainless exhuast on it. :(

A company already exists that do that, they are in London.

Can't remember the name for the life of me though.