ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile phone upgrade

172 Credit crunch edition
Hi im just in the process of getting a phone upgrade i am with o2 and they have offered me the following;

600 mins anytime x network
500 text messages
upgrade to a nokia n95 (what do people think on these????)
All for £40 per month but, however they will do me half price line rental so its £20 per month and the half price is valid for the lenth of the contract (12 months).

Just wondering if its a good deal or not???
at the moment i get 500 mins plus 200 texts for £17 per month (as i get half price line rental now)

Shall i push for free stuff? Havent had a upgrade for 3 years or so

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
i was gonna say its well dear until i saw the half price. i currently pay £35. £5 of that is insurance. i get 750 txts and 300 anytime mins in that. and i get an o2 treat of 100 txts every month. i can pick and choose that every 3 months to something different. i got a free k800 in that a year ago. My advice to you is this and it works. Ring them up and tell them you want to cancel and they will put you through to another section which deals with cancellations and they will bend over backwards to keep you. you`ll get better that what youve been offered

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
dont get a n95... its ok but it has so many downsides lol, battery lasts me half a day at the most!!!

had so many hassles with it :(

172 Credit crunch edition
Half a day battery???????? nah no way thats gash im self employed plasterer and use my phone shed-loads

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
I know its not as cool as the n95 but i recently got the Nokia 6120, its a brill phone and supports tomtom (if you buy a bluetooth gps module)

Otherwise how about one of the windows mobile phones (or xda's i think?)?

(Looking on the o2 website)
One i'd consider is the O2 Xda Trion or the O2 Xda Orbit - Sat Nav

Both have WLAN so you could use them on wireless networks (their basically pda's with phone functionality)

The Orbit comes with sat-nav, but i expect it'll be crap, however the gps module will certainly help when sorting out a better solution.

James

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
im waiting for the new sony which has a 5meg camera on it. see if you can wait a few month for youre upgrade. just a thought

Monaco Blue Mk2
At £20 a month it's a sound deal.
At £40 a month its a rip off.

The N95 is a very good phone. The least my battery has lasted is 1 day and that was using the sat nav, browsing the internet and using it alot. I'e not charged it for the last couple of days now, just used it for normal calls and texts etc and still have 3 bars left on the battery.