ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Phone Contract Thread.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
*Now live* SIMO - 100Gb Data / 5000 Mins / Unlimited Texts £20pm on a 12 Month Contract - Total £240 @ Virgin Media

Bargain that!

If your with lloyds bank you can get £50 cash back as well.

Reactions: DrR

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I used lots as my home wifi was beyond crap. Being what it should be i use wayyy less data.

But the times i enquire about contracts they chop and change data allowance without a care

I hope you are getting a discount on your home Wi-Fi then they have to guarantee a min speed otherwise you can get credit back on bills I did it with virgin media broadband for months !

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah with Vodafone from BT (also upgraded to fibre). Consistent 35 which is lots better than 6 lol.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Question; why do people need so much data? Doesn't pretty much everywhere have wifi now? Plus if you do have low data, a little bit of pre-planning like downloading playlists on wifi etc can do the trick.
part of it's being lazy and not doing those things in advance but its also good knowing you can stream video, music, download apps anytime without having to worry (Three - unlimited data simo plan), as for wifi, the gov office I work in has highly filtered wifi which is useless, and 4G is london is so fast and ditches the hassle of worrying about connecting to insecure wifi

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Well after 5ish years of being SIM only I've finally gone back onto contract. Both Jackie and I needed new phones and I've got a mate at Vodafone so we've both had P20 Pros and are being delivered today

£34 a month. 16gb data and Spotify premium

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Similar deal to what ee have offered, but 33 a month and 30gb with bt sport (i think)

What made you pick the p20?. I’m probably going for the same.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Similar deal to what ee have offered, but 33 a month and 30gb with bt sport (i think)

What made you pick the p20?. I’m probably going for the same.
Well I'd never go apple, so was between the P20 and the pixel. P20 felt a bit nicer in the hand, and the camera is mint

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I’m playing the game (losing so far) with ee saying I’m leaving hoping they will reduce the 43 a month for the ip8. It’s only a tenner, but meh.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone used Uswitch and other companies?

They are offering cheaper deals but needing a new number.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I used mobiles.co.uk

It's a bit of an arseache, I've had to take out a new number, and then have my old contract changed to a PAYG, which takes 30 days. Once that's finished I'll then be able to get my old number on my new contract.

For the 30 days I've just been using my old SIM in my new phone, I'm therefore stuck with my old 500MB of data, but I couldn't have a different number for 30 days.

I think this is why companies are offering piss poor renewal prices tbh, because they know most will just upgrade with them to avoid the hassle, but it's not exactly fair, it's probably something a governing body should look at. Vodafone couldn't even get in the ball park price wise, they were probably 20% more expensive.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that sounds like an ass.
I'm going to go with the p20 pro deal and save myself £15 a month over what i'm paying now. Just waiting on the chap who offered the deal to get back to me, as the lady i spoke to in upgrades was surprised and couldn't get close to the 33 a month.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Announcement.

I have ordered the P20 Pro, gets delivered tomo. Bring on the swearing.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Just signed up with o2 for a note 9 128gb. 100gb data a month, no upfront cost for phone £48. Wont run out of data again ?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Did you have the P20 in the end? Absolutely love mine! I don't think there's a single thing about it I don't like

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
What roughly do you use monthly

Not a lot 4gb or so ? Just wanted the bigger battery and screen and this deal came up. It was a toss up between this and P20 pro, sd card slot swung it.

From looking i think most good newish phones are £43+ a month now & iphone massive dollar..eyes out. No cheap deals unless massive upfront payment