ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobile Internet - (Laptops)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Guys,

Anyone got any experience of mobile internet providers for laptops? I've never needed the use for it, but both my Uncle & Brother have recently bought laptops and have the need for it.

Any experiences/recomendations?

Cheers

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Vodafone's dongle and software is/was s**t

Coverage is pretty good though

T-Mobile software is much better than VF, coverage is alright, but gets a bit ropey in the middle of nowhere

We use a lot of them at work, T-Mobile generally seem the best, but it really depends on your area.

A red missile
I use a mifi from 3, minimum 3mb wherever I use it, in a good area i've seen 5+mb. Handy little gizmo that creates it's own wifi network that will accept up to 5 devices at once.

mk2 ph1 1.6 16v MTV
I used to have orange mobile Internet on a netbook was really good! The laptop had a sim card in the back. I used to use it everywhere!

ITB'd MK1
I use an Orange Dongle at work. There's sod all reception on any other network. It works fine, but the software update they did recently isn't very stable. I reverted and it's spot on again

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Cheers guys, will pass on comments, they will mainly be using them in the North Wales/Manchester areas

MY10 R35 GTR
been using o2s pay as you go dongle. But tbh unless you get hsdpa signla the donlges are too slow