ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MKVI Golf GTI

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Only just seen this. I really like it and the mods subtlety add to it without detracting from what is a nice car straight out of the factory.

Thanks, I didn't want to go overboard on it so all the mods are subtle but noticeable when you look

Very nice. Is it the TFSI in these, same as mine?

I believe it's the 2.0 TSI, slightly different engine.

SQ5
Sure the golf uses the TFSI and the scirocco uses the TSI, slight different engine codes I believe.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Update on this car, alot of mods added since I was last one.

GIAC Stage 2 software
full Magnaflow Exhaust with DP
Audi S3 Intercooler
CTS turbo Intake
Audi Red Top coil pack
Uprated Fuel System
H&R Springs
Golf R LED Tail Lights

Had it on a dyno and it pulled 277bhp and 310ftlb of torque at the wheels, such a great car

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
How it sits now
IMG_9262_zpsnac4ngkw.jpg

D7E07126-6427-4BCF-896F-E4DDA8C7CB52_zpsdlzcmw05.jpg

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

GIAC Stage 2 software
Audi S3 Intercooler
CTS turbo Intake
Audi Red Top coil pack
Uprated Fuel System
H&R Springs
Golf R LED Tail Lights

Had it on a dyno and it pulled 277bhp and 310ftlb of torque at the wheels, such a great car

how did you stop dash fault code for the led plate lghts mate ?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I didn't haha

It still comes up when I start the car but they work fine. I'm actually having a friend code them with a VAGCOM in a few days while he codes a few other things, I've heard you can get a box that plugs into the back of the lights and converts them though.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Car looks lovely. Mk6 GTI, best golf made by a mile.
I would normally agree with that but I drove the MK7 GTI the other day with the sports pack, driving wise that thing is awesome, two things I didn't like though. The steering wheel is horrible, it's so skinny and it's HUGE & it also looks like they have tried to dumb it down, it looks kind of boring.

My MK6 is much much quicker but only because it's been tuned and messed with

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
You still fighting Lynden?

I'm not mate, well not for a job. I'm still undecided on wether to fight towards the end of the year, I suffered some bad injuries and just don't have time to train how I want to, I just updated my MMA/America thread in the sport section in general chat, explain a bunch there!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Love this thing. That power atw too. Boom!

Yeah it's savage, 2nd & 3rd really throw you into the seat and the torque on the motorway in 6th is unreal. Perfect all round car, I do a lot of long trips to Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles etc and its a great long distance car. Very easy to live with

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Looking to trade it towards the end of year though, either the M235i / '15 Mustang GT (because america) or the '15 STI. recently drove the mustang and the M235i and both are amazing but very different cars, a lot to consider. I may even keep the GTI though, depends where I'm at with the new house etc

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

GIAC Stage 2 software
Audi S3 Intercooler
CTS turbo Intake
Audi Red Top coil pack
Uprated Fuel System
H&R Springs
Golf R LED Tail Lights

@banther if you mod it, this is the way to go. note it's power at the wheels. Not fly. Boom