ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MKVI Golf GTI

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Was having a lot of problems recently with the Kia like it's been in Kia 4 times since owning it for things like the break lights not working, cruise control not working and the most dangerous is the air stopped blowing so no Air Conditioning and when it's 46/50 Celcius on a daily basis then it gets pretty dangerous especially if I am taking my dog somewhere so luckily the owners of Arizona's biggest car dealerships (Earnhart) work out at the gym I manage and I comp their membership so told them about the Kia and they gave me an amazing deal on this......

was on the forecourt for $21495 but got it for $14500 (about £10,000) out the door which I couldn't argue with at all, it's a 2012 with 29k milage. Only driven it about 25 miles up to now but I love it, it's comfortable, practical and quick.

It has that helicopter protective tape on the front of the hood and the front bumper which makes it look super swirly so going to take that off I think. Plans are just enjoy it and maybe an APR remap down the line which will give me about 255-260bHP for $400 and 270bhp with an intake.

5E78E86E-CDC4-4A50-BF3B-8817C7A35998_zpsdcxayt2b.png

When I got it

E6E209A9-8753-40FB-9EE4-5CDA70D806B6_zpsyt2qjtll.jpg

3EE421DE-B614-4C54-B0F0-9B2673D68E03_zps5xurqbb7.jpg

Thanks

lynden

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why do you need tape to protect it from Helicopters?? :S

And it also says Price; $15,977 on the advert??

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
'The hood' getting right down with the lingo :eek:

what is 'helicopter' protective film? Is it just a textured wrap? And can't it be polished to remove the swirls? ATM it just looks like Daniel had a go at correcting it.

looks a nice car and a very good price!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
It's like the clear film stuff it's super thick and people put it on their bonnets and front bumpers over here especially in Arizona to protect it from stone chips and dust storms, same stuff they put on helicopter blades apparently

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate! The mk6 is a cool shape! Can't believe you bought Black though! I'm guessing they're rare?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Knuckles;1[/B said:
0354351]'The hood' getting right down with the lingo :eek:

what is 'helicopter' protective film? Is it just a textured wrap? And can't it be polished to remove the swirls? ATM it just looks like Daniel had a go at correcting it.

looks a nice car and a very good price!

You calm yourself down Shaggy!!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Lovely mate! The mk6 is a cool shape! Can't believe you bought Black though! I'm guessing they're rare?

Yeah I've only seen maybe 5 of the MK6 whilst I've been here, even less on the MK5. I wasn't even in the market for one then when he called me about it for the price I couldn't really say no. I would of wanted white but a white car in the desert would be orange in a week! Plus it's a 5 Dr which I wanted for the dog, only thing I wish it had is the multi functional steering wheel but I know I can get one for like $300 so if I do ever really feel the need I can get one, it's got the cool tartan interior which is pretty funky and it's the 6sp Manual, also has heated seats for winter

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Looks good that does. I actually have a bit of a soft sport for the Jetta GLI they get out there, to the point that I'd opt for one over the Golf.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Heated seats in AZ, talk about redundant feature!

As it's black did it come with oven gloves to open the doors in summer? ;)

Seriously though it looks really nice and I imagine it's quite rare in the sea of trucks in Arizona.

RB182cup&golf gti
Heated seats in AZ, talk about redundant feature!

As it's black did it come with oven gloves to open the doors in summer? ;)

Seriously though it looks really nice and I imagine it's quite rare in the sea of trucks in Arizona.

Lol at the oven gloves comment

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeah it is, believe it or not it does get cold in December.......for about a week haha.

I also looked on the APR website about a stage 1 map and decided to call one of the authorized dealerships which turns out to be a VW dealership as well and he said if I get it done through (it's a little bit more expensive than the normal APR dealership) them they are running a special where if you buy the stage one remap they put the APR intake on there as well and because it's installed by a VW dealership service department I keep my warranty which is amazing, he mentioned if I went stage 2 it would void warranty but the stage 1 it's still covered with them, they also give you a certificate stating this.

$549 for the map which includes the intake as well and should be putting out between 265-269bhp and a lot more torque, i also get a module in the glove box loaded with 4 different maps for things like fuel saving and different grades of petrol I put in also gets the anti theft program which means I have to put a 4 digit pin in on the control to start the car which is pretty cool so that's the plan for next month I think.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'd recommend an intake, exhaust and a map. Made a world of difference to my mk5. These engines are awesome. Good choice btw!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I'd recommend an intake, exhaust and a map. Made a world of difference to my mk5. These engines are awesome. Good choice btw!

thanks! only thing I'm noticing after looking on the forum is that when people with the 6 pd manual go stage 1 APR tune the clutch starts to slip in the higher gears when you go WOT so first plan is order the South Bend stage 3 drop in clutch disk for about $350 then get the stage 1 map and intake, little by little it should all come together......

Just ordered carbon VW badges for the front and back and also smoked side reflectors.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
thanks! only thing I'm noticing after looking on the forum is that when people with the 6 pd manual go stage 1 APR tune the clutch starts to slip in the higher gears when you go WOT so first plan is order the South Bend stage 3 drop in clutch disk for about $350 then get the stage 1 map and intake, little by little it should all come together......

Just ordered carbon VW badges for the front and back and also smoked side reflectors.

Dont put those additions on your car. Other than that, yes! I heard the clutch can slip. Mines done 91k and seems to be holding up fine atm but it's worth future proofing it if you're keeping it! A LSD transforms the car but I haven't got the deep pockets lol.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Dont put those additions on your car. Other than that, yes! I heard the clutch can slip. Mines done 91k and seems to be holding up fine atm but it's worth future proofing it if you're keeping it! A LSD transforms the car but I haven't got the deep pockets lol.

Yeah I want to get the clutch done as soon as possible so I can then go Stage 2 straight away if I want, I like that stage 2 in these is just the Remap, intake and down pipe.

been driving it a week now and really enjoy the car, it's easy to drive, super comfortable on the motorway and to work and back but then when I feel like going quick on motorway ramps when joining I can. Love the noise as well as it's not obnoxious in your face loud it's just the right amount of grunt! Averaging 34.5mpg

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Smoked the front reflectors today and cleans the front end up really nicely, also a nice cabin shot

7DC64D86-2838-4400-A7CB-7802DDC2B100_zpsg6xtwbqu.jpg

C58258F3-531E-439E-BF2C-128D13377024_zpscw82addj.jpg

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Just bought my uprated clutch, should be fitted in the next few weeks and then it's time for a cheeky stage 1 map

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
couple of things to update....

black rear badge and carbon fibre front badges are on, GodSpeed Cat Back exhaust has been ordered and also this was ordered tonight for a whopping $29.00 that right you can get a personalised plate with just letters for 29 dollars!

7C35C770-D912-4295-987C-72FF6B6E3C21_zpsszxkfyya.jpg

photo8_zpsaf21242c.jpg

thanks

lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Update:

Car now has...

Personal Plate
Carbon front VW badge
Black rear VW Badge
GTI taken off rear
Rear wiper delete
Carbon Fiber seat insert
Black Front GTI grill emblem
Carbon rear license plate holder
LED interior and license plate lights
Red Footwell lights
H&R super sport springs
Custom exhaust with Magnaflow tips Magna flow center resonator
Carbon Fiber Steering wheel insert
Smoked front side reflectors

Will get pics soon, the springs make a huge difference in the handling and also the exhaust sounds great, not too loud but you know it's there when you go full throttle.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Ordered the godspeed exhaust but it wouldn't fit right so went with a custom built by a magnaflow dealer

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
yeah it's a bargain, you can get any combination of letters or numbers over here as long as it doesn't go over 7 characters and it's still only $29.00 also bought an uprated clutch disk but going to wait until I go Stage 2 to fit it

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Decided to put the wiper back on as it's monsoon season and here are some pictures and videos of the magnaflow, sounds like a jet :cool:

CF12D92B-2E93-4627-B60B-D53F100CD1D6_zpsg4itznfy.jpg

another side/front shot with the dust storm in the background

10599358_10154478323585293_8310313659897361888_n.jpg

thanks

Lynden

Last edited by a moderator: