ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MKII V6 v 182Cup

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

THIS THREAD ISNT ABOUT STRAIGHT LINE SPEED OR WHICH ONE IS FASTER...

or is it? Roy, Please explain what you wanted from this thread. I think you didnt want a straight line speed compariosn...

[Edited by seb182 on 02 September 2005 at 5:29pm]

Right then... Ive got a mk1 v6 & a slightly modded 172 cup, they are totally different experiences, the cup is a HUGE blast across country & on trackdays, but you get out of it & admire it for the fact is is a fast, nice looking clio. The Vee is on another level. From the moment you see it, to the time you start it up, EVERYTHING is special, it really is a mini exotic supercar. Everyone will look at the car (builders, reps, mums & girlies), & it makes you feel good (well, me anyway).

Speed isnt everything, but just as point of interest, we tried a side by side comparison (on a private road) & the Vee will outdrag the cup, upto about 60/70mph, then pull away cleanly.

& the noise it makes...wow.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by gazcaddy on 02 September 2005

roy, i think the V6 is about half a second faster to 60 than the 182 and about 1.5 secs faster to 100, from then on the V6 should pull away significantly

PERFORMANCE 0-100 kph / 0-62 mph 7.1 secs Maximum speed 139 mph

PERFORMANCE 0-100 kph / 0-62 mph 5.8 secs Maximum speed 153 mph

Renault ChaVio

Am I missing something? The V6 is clearly much quicker. I thought the thing was because the V6 is mid engined it takes a fair bit of skill to get the most from whereas the 182 is easy to master and inspires confidence from the get go meaning it can worry an V6 driven by someone who hasnt got to grips with it.

182cup

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 30 August 2005

I want more power!
This is Roy we are talking about if you have read some of his other posts it is fair to say speed is Roys main concern, I may be wrong

Acceleration and speed. Pace. Handling and grip. The thrill. The buzz. What other factors are there when buying a car??

MINI JCW

PERFORMANCE 0-100 kph / 0-62 mph 7.1 secs Maximum speed 139 mph

PERFORMANCE 0-100 kph / 0-62 mph 5.8 secs Maximum speed 153 mph

James they are the performance figures from Renault, but if you look in magazines the 182 hits 60 below 7 secs (usually AROUND 6.6) and hits 100 in about 17, most mags get the V6 to 60 in about 6secs and to 100 in about 15.5secs

[Edited by gazcaddy on 04 September 2005 at 9:06am]

Clio v6

Renault figures do seem rather conservative. I recall EVO magazine timed the MK1 V6 230 at 5.7 secs - 60. In reality the mags would time a MK2 V6 at 5.5 secs.

MINI JCW

Quote: Originally posted by ant_v6 on 02 September 2005

Am I missing something? The V6 is clearly much quicker. I thought the thing was because the V6 is mid engined it takes a fair bit of skill to get the most from whereas the 182 is easy to master and inspires confidence from the get go meaning it can worry an V6 driven by someone who hasnt got to grips with it.

I disagree, with regards to driving it round a track the V6 is more difficult.

But driving fast in a straight line i would say the 182 is more tricky as its harder to launch being FWD and becuase the 182 doesnt have much torque then it is essential you are in the right gear and get the changes right