ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK4 Astra GSI Chavvy boost bus

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Got this bonnet yet? Any better pics of it?

9577802414_0ca7e104c5_c.jpg

DSC_0412.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Whats the current power of this then? Would it give the TT a run for its money? lol

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Whats the current power of this then? Would it give the TT a run for its money? lol

Not sure on current power, needs put on some decent rollers. I imagine it would give the TT a decent run, doubt it would be quicker at moment.

Hoping to have it at 300bhp/300+ftlbs before summer is here.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Some boy tried to race me in a silver one of these.
Not sure on the spec of it but Meg > Gsi :p

Seen a red one again in Elgin, Moray on saturday, Smoking pretty badly :(

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Nice plan. My mates was silly at a little over that power tbh.

Yeah no decent rollers near me, nearest are Blackpool and then I might as well just carry on to RS Tuning.

Can't wait for it to be 300, Kumho semi slicks should be here today/tomorrow for it too which should help lay the power down a bit better. Then time for a lsd.

You not mapped the TT yet?

R26
300bhp is more than enough for these cars, they become a lot harder to control when driven hard at this power tbh.
Only thing iv come across on the road that was quicker so far (in a similar cost, straight line + realistic sense) was a Focus RS mk1 with a GT28.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
So fitted Kumho V70A in Soft at the weekend. By far the best tyres I have ever driven on in the dry and I have tried an awful lot. The grip levels off them are absolutely astonishing, they blow anything out the water for dry grip from what I have tried, even the AD08s didn't come close to this! Yet to try them in the wet but can't see them being an issue in the wet as they still have a full tread pattern. I honestly think the car would suffer from oil starvation before these break traction.

Probably daft fitting them to an everyday road car, as I doubt they are going to last 2 minutes on the road but at less than half the price of retail I couldn't say no.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Common issue I believe? Easy enough on these isn't it?

Yeh fairly common on higher mileage ones.

2 ways of doing it. Head on or head off.

Doesn't matter much now as turns out it looks to be Turbo.

Looks like it's hybrid time!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
What are you going to go for now then ?

Shame it broke looked nice

Alan

Absolutely no idea, might end up buying a run around until I can find something nice that I want.

I still have the gsi until he collects it, will have a none smoking turbo by next week so will be working perfectly.

Wasn't bothered about selling it but everything has a price haha!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Fair. What else is being considered?

TT QS, MK1 Focus RS, Abarth 595, New fiesta ST on lease and stop pissing about with cars for a bit lol.

Not really sure what I want to be honest. If can't find something before Astra is gone will probably end up in a clio dci or something with a vag pd lump in until I make my mind up.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mk1 FRS I'd say. I did go and look at two mind you and both were "mint" apparently. (both were dogs)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Mk1 FRS I'd say. I did go and look at two mind you and both were "mint" apparently. (both were dogs)

Theres a mint low mileage one near me, around 20k miles but its £14k! I didn't realise how strong they were holding.

Just been quoted for the Fiesta ST but then I think ill be bored stiff after the novelty has gone.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
So turbo finally gave up at the weekend! Oil seals completely ruined, smoke everywhere!

Removed the turbo last night to find a lot of play in and out with the core and a nice crack by the wastegate!

14442755685_5805ac3011.jpg

So I've ordered

New Astra VXR K04 Turbo
Gaskets
Washers
Oil + oil fiter
Fresh Coolant

There was a very a cheap GT28 turbo set up for sale but by the time it would of been fitted and mapped there would of been little change from £1500! So for now the K04 will do and ill aim for 300bhp.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
So you still have this? Is a K04 the VXR turbo? Same as what the TT runs..

Yeah the lad who wants it wasn't coming for it until July/August anyway but after putting another £600+ into it now there is no point letting it go.

Theres nothing else that comes close for similar money.

Yeah they run a K04 standard, but the VXR version is far superior although still not great lol. Its a VXR one that has died but I have no idea of how many miles its covered with what life.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I cant be arsed with people.. I hate people.. Im putting it up for sale while im in mexico and letting my dad deal with the retards 

You do right! If it wasn't for that guy offering me a deposit over Instagram I wouldn't of even considered selling it lol.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the lad who wants it wasn't coming for it until July/August anyway but after putting another £600+ into it now there is no point letting it go.

Theres nothing else that comes close for similar money.

Yeah they run a K04 standard, but the VXR version is far superior although still not great lol. Its a VXR one that has died but I have no idea of how many miles its covered with what life.

Hybrid it. You know it makes sense.

http://www.beachbuggyturbo.co.uk/

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Beach buggy are raved about in the VAG scene. Nothing but good reviews and big power figures too.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I can't believe you were driving around in a car someone had put a deposit on TBH