ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 wiper problem

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Afternoon all, bought the Mrs a 2009 mk3 1.2 tce (last if the pre facelift) yes I know it's not a sport, as a work hack, since buying the intermittent/auto wiper has never worked. I know the wiper stalks have a history of burning/melting but I don't think that's happened as all other functions work perfectly.

The intermittent/auto setting will work once but then nothing, it will again work for one wipe if you adjust the time delay. The auto function does however work if sat stationary in traffic with wipers set to constant.

I've checked fuses, wiring, taken the linkage apart and checked pretty much everything I can think of, even checked voltage to plug through the various settings, when set to intermittent/auto there doesn't appear to be power to the motor (except for the initial wipe)

Do the wiper stalks have a history of breaking up inside? Or am I missing something obvious

Thanks as always

Ads

Clio RS 200 Cup
Do you have any problems with the wipers on the other settings or do they work as expected?

Was thinking it might be a rain sensor issue, if they are auto wipers.

The UPC controls the wiper functions, I just replaced mine due to a wiper issue but the problem you have sounds different. You could be right with the stalk idea, do you have access to CLiP?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
All other settings work as they should, not sure if it has auto wipers (has auto lights, so I'd hazard a guess that the wipers have an auto function too) don't have clip but I do have a relatively decent diagnostics setup, admittedly I hadn't thought to see how far I can get into the wiper settings.

I assume the UPC is the mk3 version of the UCH on mk2?

Clio RS 200 Cup
If you can view live data using your diagnostics would be worth seeing what the status is for the wiper stalk (whilst in intermittent position) and the rain sensor to see if both are functioning correctly.

The Mk3 has a UCH under the glove box and a UPC (Protection and Switching unit) under the bonnet. Unfortunately I'm all too familiar with the removal process of both ?