ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Twingo audio issues

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Evening CS,

I'm aware this is not a Twingo forum however it's as good as anywhere else - I can't seem to find a proper Twingo equivalent to CS!

Basically, I bought a 65 plate pre-reg Twingo Dynamique 4 weeks ago and it's been cracking. Brilliant little car, barring the audio system. The right speaker is quieter than the left, so I'm getting chronic ear ache driving it with music on unless I whack the balance to the right so it's vaguely even, and as and when it feels like it one (or both!) speakers cut out and either play both channels through one speaker or not at all. The only fix is to stop, turn the car off completely and back on again, which is getting annoying. Even more so that Renault can't replicate the fault themselves...

It's been in twice now with the same problem, once for half a day and once for a full day. I need the car for work so I'm getting a bit cheesed off losing money. They basically fobbed me off and said it's either the R&GO app (which by the way, is total shite and it's not because I've checked) or they have no idea. I asked what the next step was if it wasn't the speakers and I got "let's not jump ahead of ourselves, we don't know what it is yet..." :rage:

Any ideas how to proceed? My next thought is it's a faulty head unit but convincing Arnold Clark to replace it is going to be about as fun as pulling a cactus out my bum. Could it be anything else or is it likely to be a duff HU? I can't even replace it myself without it looking shite because it's got one of those daft single DIN ones but with separate radio controls like this:

99_renaulttwingo.jpg

But yeah... not impressed!
Ta.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Changing or swapping the speakers would be something I'd be pushing for them to try

Aye, I've tried that but apparently they're reluctant. It's all warranty work at the moment so presumably because I'm not handing over stacks of cash they're not too bothered about helping me.

Aye, I've tried that but apparently they're reluctant. It's all warranty work at the moment so presumably because I'm not handing over stacks of cash they're not too bothered about helping me.

Have you tried a different dealer

As the car is under warranty they will be billing Renault so they should be interested keep ob are you them it may take a few attempts & contact RENAULT UK

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Have you tried a different dealer

As the car is under warranty they will be billing Renault so they should be interested keep ob are you them it may take a few attempts & contact RENAULT UK

I haven't but to be honest I wasn't sure I could - they aren't all Renault etc so I presume I'd have to find another Renault one? I don't think I can go direct to Renault because the warranty is with AC, not Renault.

I'll give Renault head office a nudge and see what they say if it carries on. I've never not had Renaults and this is my first new one... not sure I'd get another new one based on this experience.

You can go to any Renault dealer you like(your warranty is with Renault) it doesn't have to be the supplying one or even Arnold Clark (although if your in Scotland this maybe easier said than done) be friendly don't loose your temper they more likely to be more helpful