ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Stereo replacement query

Clio 1.2 Expression
Evening guys,

Been lurking for a long time but only just found an excuse to join as i've got a specific question that's proving difficult to find an answer on google. I bought my Clio 1.2 Expression 55 plate as my 106 GTI died on my and was going to cost £900 to fix! Anyway, that was a month ago. I ripped everything i could out of my 106 before it was traded in (Included a sony CD player with an ipod connection lead).

Which brings me on to my query, how can i go about installing it into my new run around but still be able to use the remote stalk off the steering wheel - i've never had one of these and would hate for it to become redundant. But i really can't hack listening to CD's alone as nearly 90% of my music is either on my Ipod or MP3 Discs. What i'm after specifically is

a) Worth the hassle changing is over?
b) Is it possible to use the remote stalk on a aftermarket head unit?
c) The only thing i could find about installing one is that the wires at the back are a struggle to fit in, any pictures or tips on how i get around this?
d) What do i need to purchase to get it working and remove the original one?

Background on experience: I've only ever owned 2 saxo's and a 106 and its been very easy to replace the CD players, so i know a little bit

Thanks in advance

Clio 1.2 Expression
Also, whilst i'm at it. Will i lose the song title on the display if i go ahead with the change?

2006 Clio
Hi,
I have recently just replaced my audio device in my clio, its fairly easy, only took me 15mins or so, however, there is a yellow block that goes into the back of the standard clio audio unit which is the controls for the steering wheel, my audio device doesnt have a slot to put it back into so I cant use mine, so I guess if you could find an attachment for yours it should be simple enough just to plug in like the rest

Clio 197
yeah its simple to do just plugs in but the bit you need cost around £30-£50 can get them from halfords etc