ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Steering Wheel Removal !

White Sti Hatch
Woooop got the air bag off !!!

On to the next prolem !!

T50 bit in the center is TIGHT AS FOOOOOOK !!!

White Sti Hatch
Na T50 ! but f**k me its tight as hell ive givin up for the day again lol i cant get it to budge at all !

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah cheers for that ! want to lend me an impact gun so i can get the f**king bolt out now though ! ?
No probs. Postcode eh48 2ew! Lol! Expensive impact gun with the petrol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Aye just a wee bitty ! will have to find some way of getting the f**ker lose !
Long arm ratchet and extension should be enough mate.
No one with a bit more strength close by?

White Sti Hatch
Long arm ratchet and extension should be enough mate.
No one with a bit more strength close by?

What you trying to say eh !!

Got it changed over although ill have to take it off again as im like a Splin out so isnt sitting straight and also my Horn no longer works....WTF !

Clio 172 Cup
Pics would be interesting, I wonder of the wheel mounting and airbag connectors are the same as the 172/182, I'd consider sourcing a new model wheel from a salvage yard for my 172 Cup if they were interchangeable.

White Sti Hatch
Lovly old one with some of Renaults Patented Melting Action !

DSC_0071.jpg

Bottom was worse but i got bored n started picking it off lol !

Clio 197
Sorry for using an old thread but I have an 08 plat 197 and I want to get the wheel over to Snappy but it's refusing to budge for me. Can anyone share any tips?

Carra23 says "You need the to pull it out at the top first or it won't come off" but I'm not quite sure how this needs to look before you tackle poking around through the hole for the clip. Then whether the clip inside is to be pushed in which direction. The phrase painting the hallway through the letterbox springs to mind here. So any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Brian