ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk3 rs steering wheel

Renault clio 200 cup
the steering wheel on my clio is looking a bit sad, it seems to be a poverty spek wheel with no leather or centre line on the rim, is it possible to change this over for a leather wheel with the centre line, as the ones I have seen have the stereo controls on the centre of the wheel where as mine are on the stalk to the side of the wheel? is it just a case of swapping the wheel and re-using the original air bag?
thanks

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
the steering wheel on my clio is looking a bit sad, it seems to be a poverty spek wheel with no leather or centre line on the rim, is it possible to change this over for a leather wheel with the centre line, as the ones I have seen have the stereo controls on the centre of the wheel where as mine are on the stalk to the side of the wheel? is it just a case of swapping the wheel and re-using the original air bag?
thanks

They aren't stereo controls, they're controls for the cruise control. You could fit one of these wheels to your car and either retrofit cruise control if your car has all the wiring (you'd need a few other bits) or you could look for a leather or sport wheel from a car without cruise control which won't have those buttons. With the cruise control buttons, you also need a different steering wheel air bag.

If you wanted to, you could even just put a wheel on with CC and have the buttons there, they just wouldn't do anything.

Renault clio 200 cup
They aren't stereo controls, they're controls for the cruise control. You could fit one of these wheels to your car and either retrofit cruise control if your car has all the wiring (you'd need a few other bits) or you could look for a leather or sport wheel from a car without cruise control which won't have those buttons. With the cruise control buttons, you also need a different steering wheel air bag.

If you wanted to, you could even just put a wheel on with CC and have the buttons there, they just wouldn't do anything.
thanks for that, I take it removing the air bag is just a simple unplug and plug back in, or does the battery need to be disconected?

Renault clio 200 cup

or could it be a case of buying the steering wheel with the CC and removing these buttons and using the original air bag?

Renault clio 200 cup
Possibly could do I suppose, can't be certain though!
Looked at some pics and it looks like the standard wheel is the same as a wheel with cc, there are screw holes that relate to where the cc buttons go, so I think it's with a try, and thanks for the advice