ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk3 head unit

Clio mk3
looking to buy this alpine stereo on the weekend.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_931993_langId_-1_categoryId_165655#tab3

I already have a aux in my car due to it being a mk3 clio imusic and was wondering is this connected to the stereo or is it a separate unit and will it be completely useless with this head unit. i also have bluetooth in my car for handsfree calling that comes with the imusic model so will i be able to use that mic or the new one provided as i would idealy like to keep the standard one as i dont really use hands free anyway.
and i also have a sub wired to the standard hean unit could my sub be wired up to the alpine head unit?
thanks

LY 182
Standard aux wont work, standard bluetooth wont work, the new one has an aux port though and sup oututs i think so should be fine

Clio mk3
Standard aux wont work, standard bluetooth wont work, the new one has an aux port though and sup oututs i think so should be fine

thanks man,gonna be annoying having the standard aux there being all pointless. gonna call to halfords on the weekend and have a look and see what the outcome is.
Will i need a surround for it to fit in?

LY 182
thanks man,gonna be annoying having the standard aux there being all pointless. gonna call to halfords on the weekend and have a look and see what the outcome is.
Will i need a surround for it to fit in?
If its the same as what my imusic was the red and whiteeads should pullout the bottom and there is a flap that flips up to hide the holes ? Yeah you will need a facia and aerial adaptor probably

Clio mk3
If its the same as what my imusic was the red and whiteeads should pullout the bottom and there is a flap that flips up to hide the holes ? Yeah you will need a facia and aerial adaptor probably
i want to keep the standard stuff there (the aux and mic by the interior mirror) so that when i come to sell it its all a easy switch over. wont the aerial adapter from the standard head unit fit in it?

LY 182
Yeah the standard aux wire is removable isnt it ? And you can obviously keep the old bluetooth mic there it just wont work! As soon as you go back to the standard head unit it will all work again, you will loose steering wheel controls aswell unless you buy the harness to make them work, its tight behind the HU aswell, its a right pain to push back in! And no, the chances are that that HU uses a different plug for the aerial than renault do so youll need an adapter

Clio mk3
Yeah the standard aux wire is removable isnt it ? And you can obviously keep the old bluetooth mic there it just wont work! As soon as you go back to the standard head unit it will all work again, you will loose steering wheel controls aswell unless you buy the harness to make them work, its tight behind the HU aswell, its a right pain to push back in! And no, the chances are that that HU uses a different plug for the aerial than renault do so youll need an adapter

i have no idea if you can remove it,it says its stalk adaptor compatible so ill just ask them when im there. its stupidly tight behind the head unit,mines sticking out slightly from sub wires. any idea how much the aerial adaptor will be and if the charge to fit the new head unit in halfords?

LY 182
Cant remember, probably no more than £10 at a guess, and yeah you need to take glove box out to pull the wires from behind to get it right in

LY 182
Is your car a facelift ? Is the aux in the drinks holder bit ? If so you deffinatly just pull those red/white wires out and flip the flap up, never know it was there,

Clio mk3
Is your car a facelift ? Is the aux in the drinks holder bit ? If so you deffinatly just pull those red/white wires out and flip the flap up, never know it was there,
Oh and yeah halfords will probably charge £50 or something daft to fit it!

Yea mines a facelift with the aux in the cup holders. dont really see much point in taking them out,just keep the flap bit up. some reason i thought it was free installation

LY 182
Yeah thats what i mean, just put the flap up! Lmfao the new HU has an aux in the front of it so just use that as the standard one wont work, and no i dont think its free fitting

Clio 200T
Very similar to the one I've been looking at for the 200, same make just a slightly higher spec one.

Its such an easy job to do yourself its unreal, please dont take your car to halfords, they destroyed half of my dashboard on my old clio trying to work out how to do the steering wheels controls :nono:

Clio mk3
Very similar to the one I've been looking at for the 200, same make just a slightly higher spec one.

Its such an easy job to do yourself its unreal, please dont take your car to halfords, they destroyed half of my dashboard on my old clio trying to work out how to do the steering wheels controls :nono:
was the steering wheel controls east to do? i want to be able to use mine. and did the hu fit straight in?

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Halfrauds charged me £39.99 to install the HU on my MK3 imusic. Granted its a DVD player with an aux, USB and VGA iphone connection in the glovebox so I think I was charged an extra tenner or something. Was £12.99 for the ariel adapter and £9.99 for the facia adapter. So expect that aswell.

Clio 182
Iirc if you install using a connects2 CAN stalk adapter it is simple plug and play, as this generates ignition feed, if fitting without you will have to wire in for ignition (fuse box/ cig lighter- whatever's most accessible). Bear
In mind if you get stalk adapter you will need a patch lead from connects2 to work with your chosen brand of stereo. Bluetooth radios are just a matter of running mic, and DVDs just need parking wire scotch locked onto earth on loom- generally I would expect 10-15mins for standard radio, or arnd 30mins for b/t or DVD - if you have stalk adapter, else wise 30-45mins to fit with ignition supply

Clio mk3
Halfrauds charged me £39.99 to install the HU on my MK3 imusic. Granted its a DVD player with an aux, USB and VGA iphone connection in the glovebox so I think I was charged an extra tenner or something. Was £12.99 for the ariel adapter and £9.99 for the facia adapter. So expect that aswell.

I'm just gonna fit it in myself now,my friend has experience of fitting them and I kinda know what to do. Any chance you could upload a pic of your hu so I can see how it looks?

MK3, 1.2. 16V
I'm just gonna fit it in myself now,my friend has experience of fitting them and I kinda know what to do. Any chance you could upload a pic of your hu so I can see how it looks?

Yeah I'd probs fit it myself if I was ypu. Only reason I got halfrauds to do mine was cause I was busy with work! I dont have a pic of it in the car and I cant take one because its at the bodyshop. But this is it
$T2eC16Z,%21zIFIfMmziw4BSMDu6qlYQ%7E%7E60_58.jpg

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-avh-x7500bt

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Looks nice man,how much was that one if you don't mind me asking?

Think it was £329.99. So NOT cheap, when you add fitting and a facia adapter and an antenna adapter it was close to £400. Which some would say could have been money better spent, which may be true but I love this HU so for me, totally worth it. My only gripe is that it protrudes about 10mm when the screen is in, so is far from flush! Still looks the mutts nuts though.

Clio mk3
Think it was £329.99. So NOT cheap, when you add fitting and a facia adapter and an antenna adapter it was close to £400. Which some would say could have been money better spent, which may be true but I love this HU so for me, totally worth it. My only gripe is that it protrudes about 10mm when the screen is in, so is far from flush! Still looks the mutts nuts though.

Jesus and I thought £75 was to much!