ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Phase 1 - Wanting to change rear lights to Mk2 Phase 2.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well apart from the obvious fact that Mk2 Phase 2 lights are alot nicer than the Phase 1 sets I have just one question.

Should I be looking for anything particular whilst looking to buy rear lights?
Do they need to come with anything for it to work?
Do they need to be a specific year / shape to fit? Or will any Mk2 do?

I know that the lights need to be re-wired and seeing as http://www.fubarnet.com/ is down I've found the re-wiring diagram on here and I am pretty confident I'll be able to do it.
I've read on here that people have blown fuses for not having parts that they need and other people saying it's a straight swap.

I just need to know.

The lights in question;

T2Ekq.png
9x9G6.png

Cheers guys!

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
So no fuses are gonna blow or none of that other b/s I read on the forums? Just a straight swap with my old lights? What about bulb holders?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Cheers for the help so far Si. At least you've cleared up that those lights will fit in my Mk2 Phase1. Cheers bud!

Anyone else know the answers to the rest?

chumpmobile
yo

the lights will defo fit. iirc its just a case of swapping the indicators and the reversing lights around? just some simple rewiring mate

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
So I just need a set of rear lights with bulb holders? The re-wiring will be easy enough. I'll get the guy fitting my springs to do the wiring also. Handy having a mechanic mate!

So aslong as I have the lights with the bulb holders all will be fine? What about the size of bulbs? They're obviously different from the Ph1 lights yea?

chumpmobile
yeah they will be fine

i dont think you need the new bulb holders, i think they are the same but you'd probably be better off with tthem just in case...

i would image the bulbs are the same.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Legend mate! Absolute legends both you and Si. Gonna go buy the rear lights from Mk172. Appreciate the help guys, excellent.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Excellent E11OOT, thanks to that .PDF I've got everything I need now (including the lights) to swap them over.

Excellent board guys, very helpful members!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Im sure you need the bulb holders mate as they clip to the unit differently. But yeah its a simple rewire, when i did my mates his hazards and reverse light went mental (He wired his side wrong LOL)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Haha well I'll be sure not to do that ;P I just bought a ser from Mk172 on here. Comes with bulb holders and all so I'm sorted. Also buying myself some Silvatec bulbs to get rid of the horrible 'fried egg orange' look.

Ph1 Clio sport 172
Thanks the above guide. Ive swapped mine but somehow managed to put my one rear fog light bulb at the top of the cluster and the bottom lights are side / brake lights