ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 phase 1 modifications.

Clio grande 2001
Hi, I’m new here and i just got my first car, it’s a 2001 mk2 phase 1 and I’ve been looking for some decent modifications for it. I’ve seen this front bumper but I’ve no idea what it is, I’m pretty sure it’s a phase 2 bumper but I don’t know.

Any suggestions on what to do with the car would be much appreciated.
7984779F-6E48-417E-A9EA-00193BB02F66.png

Clio grande 2001
Is the car stock? Whats your budget? What do you use it for?

Fully stock, it’s a first car so just gonna use it for visiting mates, driving about stuff like that. Budget is around £1000, looking for mostly cosmetic because anything on the engine will skyrocket my insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Put more pics up so we can see the car. Has it got a cup spoiler? Not sure what you mean with the phase 2 bumper?

Excuse my ignorance its a 172 or a non sport? Really cosmetic you can put on fins, wind deflectors, stickers.. 99% of it is personal preference. For 1k you could do wheels and tyres, springs and some maintenance and have a nice running car

Clio grande 2001
Put more pics up so we can see the car. Has it got a cup spoiler? Not sure what you mean with the phase 2 bumper?

I’ll put some photos of my car up tomorrow, the photo provided is just something I found on google, trying to figure out what bumper is on it. By phase 2 bumper I mean the front bumper of a 2001-2005(8?) model mk2 Clio.

Clio grande 2001
Excuse my ignorance its a 172 or a non sport? Really cosmetic you can put on fins, wind deflectors, stickers.. 99% of it is personal preference. For 1k you could do wheels and tyres, springs and some maintenance and have a nice running car

Non sport, exact model is 2001 Renault Clio grande, pre facelift. Cheers for the suggestion though I’ll look into it

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Back in the day (when the mk2’s were new) a mate of mine ran her ‘1.2 extreme’ with 172 wheels and lowered 60mm. Apart from that she just kept it really clean and it was great looking imo.

You’d be able to pick up 172 alloys for under £100 and springs are around that price.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
That bumper is on/from a Clio 172 Ph1. It’s a stock car.

I would just save the money tbh. £1k is a decent chunk towards a 172/other hot hatch, and, speaking as an ex 1.2 Grande owner, it’s spending £1k polishing a turd.

Any exterior mods have to be declared just like engine mods, so it’ll bump your insurance anyway.

Just enjoy it for what it is, and worry about modifying when you have something which will give you a return for your money.

All that said I had a K&N 57i on mine and for the sod all it cost me it was a lot of fun.

monaco 172
I had a 1.2 phase 1 RN as my first car in a nice dark green.

Only mods I ever bothered with were a set of alloys and a K N 57i intake and about 4 grands worth of audio, complete waste of money.

It did the job though.

Assuming your 17/18 Your insurance will be mega, modding isn't going to help the matter.

But if you must, I would say, wheels, springs, sport spoiler if itl fit on a 1.2 and leave it at that.
Induction kit sounds pretty good but does nothing for performance so I wouldn't even bother with that

Clio grande 2001
I had a 1.2 phase 1 RN as my first car in a nice dark green.

Only mods I ever bothered with were a set of alloys and a K N 57i intake and about 4 grands worth of audio, complete waste of money.

It did the job though.

Assuming your 17/18 Your insurance will be mega, modding isn't going to help the matter.

But if you must, I would say, wheels, springs, sport spoiler if itl fit on a 1.2 and leave it at that.
Induction kit sounds pretty good but does nothing for performance so I wouldn't even bother with that

Yeah, not really much I can do tbf, cheers

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Fully stock, it’s a first car so just gonna use it for visiting mates, driving about stuff like that. Budget is around £1000, looking for mostly cosmetic because anything on the engine will skyrocket my insurance

Hi,
If you ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.