ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 PH2 Progress Thread

BMW E36 328
Ive had my car for nearly a year now and ive been doing little mods here and there, just recently ive decided to all out and get the car lookig how i want it to, i wasnt sure which route to go down with the car but after looking at several cars on here i got my insperation,

mods so far

Induction kit
Rs front grill
172 Alloy Wheels
Colour coded side Strips
172 Rear Bumper
Painted renault badges black
10mm front spacers
7mm rear spacers
ktec half roll cage
painted interior strips and gear nob
smaller arial

Thats all i can think of for now lol

When i first got the car i decided to get a set of 40mm lowering springs.

Photo0090.jpg

After the 40mm lowering springs i got a Rs grill off the forum

sidewithrsgrille.jpg

I left the car alone for a while after that, until i saw that chewwit was selling 90mm lowering springs, i decided to get myself a set, at first i was happy with them but after time the back was far too low and the ride wasnt much good either

CARLOWERED3.jpg

So i decided to buy myself a set of FK Highsport Coilovers

P1010135.jpg

After i got the coilovers i decided it was time to fit my 172 rear bumper that had been sitting in the garage for a number of months

P1010151.jpg

Once the rear bumper was fitted i got a text of Alex_C telling me there was a ktec show cage for sale on the forum, i quickley logged on and sent a pm, a few days later i was driving down to birkenhead to collect it, the cage has been sprayed bright yellow which i kinda like as i have a black car, not got many good pics of it yet but you can just about see it in this pic, not stripped the rear as ive got my MOT in a few days and havnt got the time to go removing the seat belts.

P1010148.jpg

Well thats all ive managed to do so far

next mods to come are

Strip the rear - After the MOT
15" pro race 1.2's
A piper 3" inwardly rolled cat back - cut into the bumper
Maybe a set of xeons

Thanks for reading
Rob

Last edited:
  BMW E36 328
thanks mate, still got a few things to do the next thing is to change the wheels asap and get the rear stripped :D

BMW E36 328
yep thats what im thinking, but the writing on the wheel where it says team dynamics i want that in yellow to match the cage

BMW E36 328
erm.. not sure, if i can find someone to do it then ill have it done lol so i dont mess it up

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Coming along well rob, will suit the look a lot more once you strip out the rear ;)

DCi 100
Nearly got all my rear out Rob, simples!

You going down to the metal or?

I want a rear cage now :dapprove:

BMW E36 328
erm... yeh i think so up to the back of the front seats, and gona get all that sound dead stuff out

BMW E36 328
As some of you may know my car was destroyed by a ford KA, and the oinsurance said unless i had video evidence then it was my fault, so i was going to take it to a garage but i thought why not have a go myself and see what happens, first i went to costco and got myself a 3ton low entry race jack

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 768 and is 124 KB.
P1010228.jpg

I then set about removing the broken front bumper and the broken passenger wing

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 768 and is 141 KB.
P1010225.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 768 and is 130 KB.
P1010226.jpg

Once they were off i started to remove the broken steering rack, it was a pig to remove but i got there in the end, i also straightened out the bent slam panel (thats what i think its called)

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 768 and is 211 KB.
P1010227.jpg

And now the car is sat in my garage waiting for a bumper wing and steering rack which i am getting this week

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 768 and is 96 KB.
P1010229.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 768 and is 124 KB.
P1010230.jpg

Im going to give the engine bay a bit of a clean aswel, im really pleased i decided to have a go myself. it was hard to remove the steering rack but after a bit of shouting and swearing it was off lol
thanks for looking will post up more updated soon

BMW E36 328
Just a luittle update, went to renault this morning to pick up my new bumper, wing, light and steering rack, forgot to get an arch liner tho :mad:

My new light

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 768 and is 81 KB.
P1010232.jpg

Wing

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 768 and is 140 KB.
P1010233.jpg

Bumper

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024 x 768 and is 128 KB.
P1010234.jpg

I have also bought a new set of bump strips as im going to get the bumper colour coded to match the rest of the car. All the parts are off to be sprayed this week and the steering rack will be on tomorrow, so with a bit of luck it should be on the road for next weekend whooooooooo

BMW E36 328
I dont have the cage anymore mate or the 172 wheels ive sold them whils im trying to sort the car out, once its back on the road there are a few things im gona do to it

BMW E36 328
Did abit of work on the car today as i gathered all the parts during the week, first i had another go at straightening the slam pannel with far better results, then i fitted the new steering rack which went in alot easier than it came out, then i decided to put the new headlight on, a few pics, also got my standard wheels fitted until i sort some new wheels out next month.

Not a very good pic but i finally got the slam panel looking something like

P1010241.jpg

P1010238.jpg

Fitted the new light

P1010239.jpg

Then put the steering rack on and the standard wheels lol

P1010237.jpg

P1010236.jpg

That all went reli well until i found out that the radiator has a slight leak on it :mad:, yet another set back, its not a big leak but its still a leak which i could do without

BMW E36 328
Few things left to sort out yet, the new bumper and wing are to be sprayed this week if everything goes well, just got to sort the radiator out, which im not looking forward to, everytime i sort something out there seems to be another thing wrong with it, although im sure the radiator has been leaking for a while

DCi 100
Whats the old light like dude? Just cracked?

Glad to see it coming back together tbh! Can't believe you drove it without bumper/wings on lol.

BMW E36 328
Where is the best place to get radiator from? As im thinking renault will be very expensive, i'd try euro car parts but normally they dont have anything in stock or they are the wrong parts from previous experience lol, any help would be appreciated

BMW E36 328
A bit of an update, ive got the bumper, wing and light on now there not sprayed just yet as i wanted to take it for a test drive, but when i took it for a test drive my hear just sank. First of all i know the tracking is well out, but when i went over a bump the car just seemed to shoot over the road, when ive got the right full lock on the left wheel is ribbing the inside of the arch (with no arch liner in) and the brakes are making a really wierd noise but i suspect thats because it hasnt been drove for a while. I really dont know what is wron with it now so ive had no choice but to book it into a local garage for thursday :(

BMW E36 328
Not updated this thread really since the crash, but just recently ive started to work on the car again adding little bits and bob here and there.

Since the last update ive :

• Got a passenger wing that has been sprayed.
  • Fitted xeons
  • Fitted sparco revs with red sabelt 3 point harnesses
  • picked up a set of 15" oz f1's that are currently being powdercoated satin black
  • Altered the ride height (perfect for me now)
  • Changed the front 20mm hubcentric spacers for 15mm hubcentric spacers
  • Cold air feed
  • Bought a front k-tec strut brace (not fitted yet)
Going to go and get some pics later if it stops raining long enough

cheers Rob

BMW E36 328
Well i managed to get out and get a few pics so here is what i have done so far

15" oz f1's that are being powdercoated
P1010246.jpg

P1010247.jpg

New sabelt harnesses

P1010313.jpg

The buckets are mounted on OMP subframes with sparco sidemounts

P1010314.jpg

And no the pics of the car, it has 2 green wheels and 2 black wheels as i had to lend a set of wheels ( thanks Alex)

P1010314.jpg

P1010317.jpg

Xeons on with Silvervisions

P1010318.jpg

BMW E36 328
I love the height that the car sits at now, i think its perfect for the car

P1010319.jpg

P1010322.jpg

A set of sparco Rev's

P1010320.jpg

P1010323.jpg

BMW E36 328
cheers mate, yep it should do, gona get the wheels on first cant wait to get them back, shouldnt be long now, then ive just got to sort out some tyres for them

BMW E36 328
Few more updates over the last few days.

Fitted a new LED number plate light and a new clear plastic bit (not sure what its called)

P1010349.jpg

P1010350.jpg

Cant really notice it in the light so much but it makes a big difference at night and the clear plastic bit just makes the rear bumper look that bit tidier, compared to my mouldy green on hahaha.

Stripped everything out the back except the carpet over the rear arches still got to do that

P1010353.jpg

P1010354.jpg

Finally got round to fitting my K-tec strut brace

P1010351.jpg

The bonnet was full of muck and squashed flies so as Alex C was at mine we diecided to clay the bonnet, goting to give the car a good clean and clay on sunday providing the weather is fine, Its a bit of a pain with a bucket and watering can tho lol

P1010355.jpg

P1010356.jpg

P1010357.jpg

BMW E36 328
Now ive kinda got the car how i want it too look ive just got a few little mods left to do. Im going to give the car a really good clean, clay and wax soon and then will get some decent photos of the car up

• Need An aftermarket steering wheel & boss
  • Need the front bumper spraying and colour coding
  • Maybe something with the brakes if i get chance
  • Remove the sounnd deadening and spray the rear/boot black
  • Paint the rear drums and front callipers
  • re-spray the renault badges

DCi 100
Car is coming together, but your pics do not give it justice at all mate!

Can you get some plastic sheeting or something from work?

BMW E36 328
Cheers guys, And yes i know alex i will have to get some decent pics once it had been cleaned and clayed, erm... ill drop you a text about the sheets mate