ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 ph2 light problems

RB 182 Cup
Come across something thats confused me. My mate has a mk2 ph2 dynamique and got the following problems with he's lights.

Rear tail lights dont work, every other light works eg brake lights, indicators, fogs reverse ect ect just when the head lights come on the tail lights dont work??? has to drive around with fogs on. Bulbs were fine but changed them anyway, cleaned up the connectors and checked all fuses and it still dont seem to fix anything?

Next problem is all the dash lights work except the dials so you cant see the rev counter or speedo at night? again checked the fuses and stuff with still no luck, also the lights around the heater knobs dont light up either?

Done a few searches and still no luck. Been to renault but they want silly money for a diagnostics.

Anybody have a clue?

Alex

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Do the front parking lights work? It sounds like a fuse problem, I have to check if the dashboard lights fuse is shared with the parking lights fuse, that might be the cause...not the fuse itself but the wire coming to it, can you check if there is any +12v signal to the fuse? If you don't get any +12v at the fuse you can check the stalk.

RB 182 Cup
yeah everything else works apart from thse bits. Is there any other fuses apart from the side fuse box and the 1 under the bonnet, is there any other ones?

RB 182 Cup
Anybody have a clue? Hes taken it to renault and they dont have a clue about anything, pretty much just asked what he thought and said it might be that and sent him on hes way...

Civic Type-S GT
hmmm that's a good one, the dials - LEDs gone maybes? try getting some clocks from a scrappy just to give it a check.

tail lights i'd be checking the iso plug that connects to the cluster, try using a multimeter with a crocodile clip and a paper clip - check each live pin on the connector in turn and see if you are gettin +12v on each live pin... if you aren't then try and trace it back from there. if you are then the problem is the healight cluster itself :)

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I now have the same problem, took the negative terminal off and back on. Driving along and was flashed, not only are the rear tails out but also the dials for the speedo & rev counter.

Any ideas? Checked all leads, fuses & plugs and all seem ok!?

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Sorted, was a relay under the passenger footwell (had been knocked)

Always worth searching on here!!