ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 ph1 rsi...

renault clio 1.6 rsi
startin anew any ideas ppl
and be nice
thnx
got some ideas but not running them past anyone just yet

renault clio 1.6 rsi
its green no pics as yet
needs some body work sorted first so as to avoid ppl statin the obvious

renault clio 1.6 rsi
exhaust and new k and n are on now and soundin good
changin bulb colours tomoro but dunno how to get the heater controls out to change them too
anyone ?

renault clio 1.6 rsi
thing is ben there are a few dents and stuff and the engine needs a good clean so puttin pics up is an invitation for ppl to put there necks out so ... urgh i dunno ill try and and get some pics on of the exhaust and filter without showing the rest of the car

renault clio 1.6 rsi
got the exhaust fitted yesterday gettin the centre box removed on friday
changin the dash bulbs when the sloder gets here
air filter is on
got some bucket seats on order
need the body work and wheels a good going over
roll cage ?
spoiler ?
splitter ?
Stereo...
hmmm cant think what else

renault clio 1.6 rsi
oh yeah i wanna put ITB's on him
put need some advice in this
can of worms
any ideas or advice on this or the project in general

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
jst take pics of it mate mine has a huge scratch down the side and i dent in the rear quarter on the other side but that didnt stop me, we cant really give ideas if we dno whats its like atm..

renault clio 1.6 rsi
SP_A0012.jpg

SP_A0011.jpg

SP_A0010.jpg

SP_A0009.jpg

renault clio 1.6 rsi
not a fart can for a start sound fine imo
and i didnt ask about tht im askin for ideas and for help with the itb thing

renault clio 1.6 rsi
glad you seem to like it lol its big but not loud sound fine to me
i dont like and exhaust ths to loud

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
not a fart can for a start sound fine imo
and i didnt ask about tht im askin for ideas and for help with the itb thing

Ok fine,Hows about instead of spending in excess of 1500 quid to buy and map ITB's why bother on a 1.6?, just buy a 172.
Also what about your insurance?, im sure youve already told them about your mods?, your 21 right?, what about your insurance quote?,what about brakes and suspension to handle the extra power, have you thought about that?.
Id be interested to hear what you pay on insurance now and whether you declare your mods?, and id hate to think what a set of itb's will bump it upto...

renault clio 1.6 rsi
800 per year all declared so :p only been drivin for 1 year and partner is insured on the car too

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
ud be best off gettin in touch with KTEC about the itb's but as above you will need to uprate ur brakes,suspension etc which will put the price up a bit.

Sell me your blue grille :p I'm in need of one :p

This your first car mate?

It will be good once you've got it to the way you want it. Every car has thing needing done to it.

I personally don't like the exhaust but if your happy then fair play.

Next on the list for you I would say are some PH2 rear lights and get it lowered.

Will be nice once its finished !

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
who said money had ANYTHING to do with this

Who said it didnt?
Sorry, my bad but when somoeone is driving round in what id call a fairly tired looking 1.6 Mk2 Clio and has mentioned before in their posts that they cant do anymore on the car due to lack of funds i thought the fact that it will cost you 2k for itbs might be an issue....

renault clio 1.6 rsi
well lowering springs are actually next on my list
the blue grill i need tbh coz the one tht came with the car is broke ...

renault clio 1.6 rsi
... looking 1.6 Mk2 Clio and has mentioned before in their posts that they cant do anymore on the car due to lack of funds i thought the fact that it will cost you 2k for itbs might be an issue....

like 6 months ago when i wasnt working for a bank
this isnt the same car from then either

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
like 6 months ago when i wasnt working for a bank
this isnt the same car from then either

Fair enough re: the bank think, your profile says unemployed though..

And im looking at the green Clio youve just posted pictures of,its not the best of examples to throw money into imho...

I just dont see the point of spending 2k on throttle bodies when the rest of the car will also need upgrading to match.
You'd be better off sinking the money into a 172.

But hey its your car, i just think youll be throwing good money after bad, you will never get the money back and your effectively going to end up with an inferior car in performance than you can buy off the shelf from Renault - ie a 172

renault clio 1.6 rsi
coz i was unemployed when i got signed up on here ... cant get insured on 172 to young unless you know any insurers who would let me have one and give discount for pass plus or cliosport member ship

RS Clio 172 Cup
coz i was unemployed when i got signed up on here ... cant get insured on 172 to young unless you know any insurers who would let me have one and give discount for pass plus or cliosport member ship

Try Adrian Flux.

Really good for young drivers and modified cars. I think anyway as i'm insured with them and cant find anyone cheaper.

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
they have just quoted me 5000!

And i bet the quote wont be any different for a 1.6 16v with all the mods on it and throttle bodies.
Who is your present insurance with?, im surprised they will insure you on a modified 1.6 16v but not a 172.

Reality is that insurance is expensive for young drivers with little experience for a reason.

ITB'd MK1
My god there's some unadventurous people about. Sure, dont do it if you can't afford it, but if you can and you want to, then do it. No one NEEDS any of the mods they do to cars, but you all want them.

K4M ITBs are possible like i said, but not an existing "kit". I found most of the parts needed a few months ago so it's all possible

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
My god there's some unadventurous people about. Sure, dont do it if you can't afford it, but if you can and you want to, then do it. No one NEEDS any of the mods they do to cars, but you all want them.

K4M ITBs are possible like i said, but not an existing "kit". I found most of the parts needed a few months ago so it's all possible

Ha Ha about the unadventurous bit,

I think ive had more variety of cars and done more engine conversions than most in my 37 years..
Im just being realistic, go for it if you really think its worth it and you can justify not just the throttle body conversion cost but everything that goes with it..
To me for what it will cost you for everything your still going to end up with something dynamically worse than whats produced by the same manufacturer.
A throttle bodied 172 is a different matter as your starting out with the best chassis and engine so cost to convert will be less and you'd be getting a better car out of it, thats my point.

Cheers Pete.