ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Ph1 Non Starting Issue (URGENT DAMSEL IN DISTRESS)

Astra Twintop
Friend has a mk2 ph1 (Y Reg)

It currently refuses to even turn over when you turn the key to position 3.

No clicking from the starter motor, no noise at all

Its not the battery, as lights / windows / stereo etc all start.

However, if you bump start it suddenly spurts into life!

Quick blast and its fine

Although if you turn it off, and try to start it again, it wont.

Then you have to bump it.

Im thinking crank sensor?

Any more help?

Cheers!

Skoda Fabia vRS
with crank sensor problems it would usually turn over, and with a fubar'd starter you usually get a click

im gonna go for the battery, your stereo, lights, windows, etc draw a LOT less power than starting your car

check the relays in the fuse box under the bonnet for corrosion, also a few of them are the same so worth switching them around to test if you have a dud one, just make sure whatever your switching is the same type/part number

thats not to say it isnt your crank sensor, they are quite common

172 Cup
Id say more starter fault, with a crank sensor fault it would just spin and spin but not fire. Check the starter fly wire, small & white in colour. It may have come off the starter solenoid and not allowing it to fire!

Megane dci 130
Yep as above, is it a 172? Clean the connection on the signal wire to the starter, a white wire with the spade.

MG ZR+ 105
before i passed my driving test my car had that problem a few times where it wasnt used enough

all the electrics worked but it wouldn't start i had to charge the battery and then it was fine

Clio 182, CBR600RR
If u have got some jump leads try connecting them up 2 another car thats running, if the car starts when connected to the jump leads i would say its the battery if not look down the starter/ connections route.

Golf GTD Mk7
I doubt it will be battery. if the lights are on then you will get some life when turning the key, even if it doesn't start. worth a check though.