ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 window stuck closed... help please

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
the electric window on the drivers side on my mk1 rsi has stuck closed.. seems to be no effort been made bye the mechanism at all.any ideas how i can lift the window back up or what the problem will be.the window is all the way down to the bottom.thanx

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Stuck closed or stuck open, you have said both ??

First place to look is the fuses.
If its stuck closed IE UP then get a mate to put his hands either side of the glass and push down as you operate the switch.
If its stuck down, IE open, then its door card off time.

sorry mate i ment the windows stuck open.ive took the speaker pod out and attempted to lift the window while operating the switch and no luck. no movement at all...got the door card off now.... ill report back with my findings lol thanx

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
sorry mate i ment the windows stuck open.ive took the speaker pod out and attempted to lift the window while operating the switch and no luck. no movement at all...got the door card off now.... ill report back with my findings lol thanx

Ha Ha! confusion over......Dont forget to check the fuses
;)

well i have the door card off and can't get any movement in the window...ive checked all fuses under glovebox is there any more around the car.thanks mate

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Have you got a test light ???/ see if there are any signs of a supply on the switch.

i am getting a slight sound when pressing for the window to go down but not when i press it to go up... maybe its the switch.. i'll have a check.

your a legend mate!!! the switch is faulty.tryed a mates switch and up it went..all i have to do now is go to a scrap yard and try find a switch.thanks alot mate.

silver valver/hybrid
same thing happened to mine when some snow fell onto the switch, managed to get the window up by borrowing the electric sunroof switch!