ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 steering

M

mouthyman

i just wanted to know if anyone else on here with a mk1 clio without power steering gets a very stiff and squeeky steering column, mine seems to be very stiff and hard to turn and squeeks alot, and i cant seem to fix it

Valver
Have you had a look at the fluid level for the power steering? When this gets low makes the power steering REALLY loud! If its topped up though and its still very stiff could be the PAS pump on the way out? Not sure on the squeeking though? First thing would be to check fluid level though if you haven't already done so!

mouthyman said:
i just wanted to know if anyone else on here with a mk1 clio without power steering gets a very stiff and squeeky steering column, mine seems to be very stiff and hard to turn and squeeks alot, and i cant seem to fix it
;)

:rasp:

M

mouthyman

lol it doesnt have power steering? any suggestions? also do any other mk1 owners have stiff steering

i've not experienced stiff steering, if anything its a little lighter, tho it might just feel it, all them muscles it builds lol