ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 RSi project

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
alriteyy! baught this the other week for an absoloute steal imo! even with the problems lol Its just a 1.8 8v rsi! wish it was a valver lol not a bad wee motor, faild mot on rust! got it home and took the skirts off to be greeted with vanishing sills! wont be too hard to put right so gona weld her up and get her through its mot! maybe use it for a bit! but aye heres pics, dunno how far ill go with it tho :001_unsure:

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

polished her up a bit ;)

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

the worst arch!

IMG_0945.jpg

and the baaaaddd bits

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

thats all the now! keep an eye out to see if sees the road again :lol: :lol:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
getting 2 new sill sections! ma dads doing the welding for me, he says its barely anything compared to the cars he used to fix years ago, so that can only be a good thing? hopefully get it thru its MOT and go from there, previous owner did alot of work to it to get it through then it faild on the amount of rust. Stripped, buckets and lows are on the cards if i decide to use it :D dunno what sort of engine mods are available for the 8v for a bit more power?

Every late 96-98 mk1 ive seen seem to rust quicker then the earlier 91-94 cars!?

i got a j-reg valver and the arches were much worse than that ones, but the sills are still like new! not a single patch on them

do love RSI's, this one looks smart

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
cheers for telling me you bought this dirty dirty boy x

msns broke so hardly anyone knows lol

love you :approve:

and the sills are bad, but inner and vertical sills arnt too bad, needs a few bits patched on the vertical sills but i pick up new outer tomorrow! so will get them on asap :approve: anyone wana sell me some buckets and coilovers for herr? :rasp:

LY R26
give me your turbines haha, just lost a set on the bay:( im getting my buckets and a sport rear bench on monday;) youl get a shock when you see my car now, changed soo much from when you seen it in its bog standard days haha!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
lol! there was a set went for 72 quid that needed furbed a few weeks ago that a was watchin! well good imo! what buckets u getting? im after some for this wee beast! we need to get a wee local meet on the go! i wana see it :D

LY R26
sparco torinos on x-low subframes, there the ones foxy designed, and im looking at 16v wheels like cousens just now, was bidding on turbnines but they went for £216!!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
sparco torinos on x-low subframes, there the ones foxy designed, and im looking at 16v wheels like cousens just now, was bidding on turbnines but they went for £216!!

cool! what nick were they in? lol i didnt pay much more than that for the car with them on :rasp: keep a look out for turbines tho there full of win :approve:

LY R26
they were mint mate, just been refurbed a while back, im getting renault 19 16v wheels by the looks of it, theres a meet in dundee on the 6th of june ive been told, not a cs meet but we can make it one haa;)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
im going to fort william that weekend! dunno if ill be back early enough to make it :dapprove: