ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 phase3 - Phase1/2 front end conversion

mk1 phase 3
I have bought some valver wings, but i dont think they will go on my car with the phase 3 lights and bonnet? is this right?

If they dont, i will get some phase1/2 lights and a valver bonnet. do all the parts have to be off the same phase, or doesnt it matter? and will all these go on with my phase 3 front bumper? i know sum1 has done it but cant remember what was involved. thanks. ollie:)

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
The wings will fit ph3 lights and bonnet.

Phase 1/2 parts don't differ in fitment (so no, phase doesn't matter).

The ph3 bumper does fit but the other bumpers look 100x better anyway.

The only problem with the ph3 conersion is the headlight beam adjustment, ph3 is electrical, ph1/2 is manual - the holes are not in the same place so some metal work will be required to gain access to the headlight beam adjustment screws.

I'm the sum1 who did it :D.

Any other questions just let me know.

mk1 phase 3
wow. thanks rip3z! u answered all my questions in one go! much appreciated!! think i have a pic of yours actually, is it black p reg? whole front end? is so looks lovely :) so basically the wings just swap. which is what i wanted to do..but if not i was jus gonna get a valver bonnet n lights. how do the wings come off/ go on. not had a proper look yet

thanks again mate

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
They're just fixed on with nuts and washers. You may want to replace the washers - they're probably rusted beyond use.

Yep black P reg (well...the front half is black anyway lol), I ran out of money so couldn't get it sprayed after the conversion. Doh!

Wings do just swap, ph3 lights have the same indicator curves as ph1/2 lights.

mk1 phase 3
yeah i didnt think they looked that different. but its always good to know!!

yeah i got some pics of your conversion. good work :)

thanks again mate, much appreciated. ill get some pics wen its all sprayed up!!