ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Ph3 - no service history

1997 Clio 1.2 8v Paris
Basically I bought my Mk1 for £450 with no service history. The car turns over and idles brilliantly but I can hear a really quiet tapping noise.

I know the car is going to need a full service but I was just wondering if it's going to be worthwhile changing the cambelt and water pump? If so, how much did you pay for yours (if you've had it done) just to give me a rough idea? (Car is on 57,000 and on a 1997 'P' plate. :))

Thanks much.

clio 1.4RT
id deffo get the belt aand water pump changed. i payed £200 all in for mine doing, maybe not the cheapest but i know its done.

As to the tapping noise mine does this and ive checked all the valve clearences are they are all fine as is compression on all cylinders...just one of them things i got told.

Clio RT 1.4 1997
i bought mine for 2k, it makes a loud ticking noise, but i found that with all mk1 engines, although mine shakes a lot when it idles, hopefully a good service can sort it out? :S

clio 1.4RT
2k is alot for a mk1 clio so hope its in mint condition. if your engine shakes alot check the rear dog bone engine mount as the bush goes in these and you can get lots of front to back movment.

Clio RT 1.4 1997
cheers, ill let renault know when i take it in, and yeah it was in pretty perfect condition when i bought it <3 power steering ^^