ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Petrol tank

1996 Valver
Does anyone know if the MK1 fuel tank has baffles?? I think if they do mine have collapsed, as just recently I have noticed the 'sloshing' of the petrol inside the tank........never noticed it before(although I have just put a standard exhaust on after a powerflow, so it may have been there just never noticed it:eek: )

Ta

1996 Valver
no, I don't know its petrol, just sound like a LOT of fluid+ does sound like it's coming from the rear floor.......May be wrong, Only notice it at low speeds when braking. What is yours doing?

Oyster Card
Exactly the same as that, how much have you got left in the tank?
People have been saying something to do with wiper jets etc.. and I've been looking around the back of the car for damp spots as it sounds like it's coming from behind me.

Could be like I suggested in the other thread,

Water stuck inside the sills - happens a lot, as the drainage holes are under the sill also and get clogged up with dirt.

Clean the holes out and see if any water comes out.

Might be that.

1996 Valver
Daz said:
Could be like I suggested in the other thread,

Water stuck inside the sills - happens a lot, as the drainage holes are under the sill also and get clogged up with dirt.

Clean the holes out and see if any water comes out.

Might be that.

Thanks Daz, sounds promising, I have a Haynes at home, but off the top of your head, do you know where they are?