ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v Steering Rack, is this the same as the Williams Steering Rack?

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
As per the title, does anyone know if they're the same or at least have the same mountings? No Williams sold in Aus, so Mk1 Megane might be an option for a Steering Rack for my Widetrack conversion.

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
I'm guessing that people probably don't know as there is a plentiful supply of Williams Steering Racks in UK, therefore no need to look at other sources. I looked at some of the ones being sold on eBay where you can check compatibility, but I've never been completely convinced by them.

They never sold the Clio1 in Aus, but they did sell the Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v, although not many were sold. Mostly convertibles I think too.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I can get you the mounting measurements for the megane steering rack for you if it helps?

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
I can get you the mounting measurements for the megane steering rack for you if it helps?

Hey Jaff, that would be great. Your came up a few times when searching the net for my answer! Measurements will definitely help.