ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 Help!

Clio mk1 rally :P
hey my lockwood white dial kit just arrived off ebay...
so decided im gonna fit themtoday with my blue dash lights.

i took the speedo apart. and there was a thick orange filter under the old dials.
so i removed that ....
but now the lockwood dials have nothing to fit to..
the old dials were stuck to this orange plastic filter.

has anyone done this befoer? please help?

hmm so some models have clear pastic and others have orange... i think i have come up with an idea...
but my white lock wood dials seem to have a painted orange filter.. so will need to and that... gonna be precision work!!

ok update..
i did my nice bodge job which to me looks awesome.
except i didnt sand the filter of of the white dial because im worried about ruining them lol

but since i put it all to gether. the oil and petrol gauges are very out of place.. as in i had no petrol ... now i have 1/4 tank.. and the oil level dial is past all numbers :S...

is there any way i can be sure they are in the correct place?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Buy new dials. Swap the old milage into the new one.

Easiest way. I marked mine when i took mine out, for this reason as once you mess it up, its messed up good.

The petrol is easy, go to the petrol staton fill the tank right up. Then place the needle at the top of the full level. Easy.