ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R Cold Start Issue

F4R'd Mk1 Clio
I'm having a problem with my Mk1 F4R.

When the engine is cold, it will start up but run like an absolute dog for a good 5-10 mins or so. Whilst it's running like this you can't drive it, if you try and pull away the engine literally has no power and the revs drop right down, even when you press on the accelerator.

Once the engine has fully warmed up, it idles and drive absolutely fine.

I have checked the plugs and leads and they are all fine. I've also replaced the Coolant temp sensor. I'm now wondering if its anything to do with the fuel pump as its currently running a Walbro one. Also noticed that the CAT glows red hot when the engine is running bad :eek:

Help please!

Clio 172 phase 1
check to o2 sensors but the fact the cat is glowing is a bad sign... id get it plugged in and see if any codes come up but also id be taking it to a garage

Clio 172 phase 1
also to add its not sounding like the fuel pump because it would be like it consistently. if its only when its cold then its going to be something else

RS Clio 197
sounds like a bad lambda sensor to me, that used to happen to my old Clio I had a few years back, got it plugged in and boom faulty lambda sensor got it changed and it was sweet

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
check to o2 sensors but the fact the cat is glowing is a bad sign... id get it plugged in and see if any codes come up but also id be taking it to a garage

Good luck with that :p
Id be checking the lambda sensor is good. Basically if the cat is getting that hot, the mixture is wrong.

ALso id look at changing the MAF sensor.