ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 @ Donington Park

Really good fast flowing circuit, ran a single seat in the morning and two seats after lunch. I had alternator problems yet again, but managed to sort that at lunchtime thanks to someone having a spare. A couple of clips from throughout the day:

NLP_7951.jpg

_MG_2313.jpg

_MG_2498.jpg

_MG_2315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  williamsclio.co.uk/forum
you were going well foxy, i couldnt keep with you from the short bits i saw u out.

This is a well sorted car now - a credit to all your hard work. Shame your lap times with no passenger seat in dont count as your cheating ;)

Im looking forward to some of adams videos

you were going well foxy, i couldnt keep with you from the short bits i saw u out.

This is a well sorted car now - a credit to all your hard work. Shame your lap times with no passenger seat in dont count as your cheating ;)

Im looking forward to some of adams videos

Timing? Tut tut Northy :clown:

According to you my whole car is cheating....bumpers, windows, doors, engine :rasp:

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Awesome car on an awesome circuit :cool: Thanks again for the passenger ride mate, thoroughly enjoyed it :approve:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Nice video- pics Jord.

Bloody quick little car that :approve:

Second this, left us for dead through the pit chicane lol. :)

Awesome vid. Pity about the alt issues, but credit to you for getting it fixed up & back out again dude.

TrackCar & F30 330d
So did you battery power start to go crazy again? Did you spot it be your little gauge that you fitted recently?

Looks like you were pretty much schooling everyone on that day!

Brilliant footage, good idea to do "highlights" too as I know it can get boring watching unedited video with empty laps etc

53 Clio's & counting
350Z was a lucky save!

What impresses me most about yours is how late you can brake - plus how stable under braking it seems for such a light car.

Shame it will be broken - worth offering it for sale as complete? As a track car you cant ask for much better

53 Clio's & counting
Bhp will be around 185 ish as its fairly standard, and I think top speed is circa 155ish on gps (I remember reading somewhere Foxy saying that)

Its 170odd bhp. 160odd lb/ft. Does 159mph on the limiter in 5th.

Im breaking it because its worth more in bits. As for whats next... well wait and see. Might start breaking it this week as there isnt really any trackdays I want to do in the next month or so.

It will be Turbo and lighter than the clio probably!

53 Clio's & counting
Its 170odd bhp. 160odd lb/ft. Does 159mph on the limiter in 5th.

Im breaking it because its worth more in bits. As for whats next... well wait and see. Might start breaking it this week as there isnt really any trackdays I want to do in the next month or so.

It will be Turbo and lighter than the clio probably!

Sad days :(

Very, he was keeping a Porsche GT2 RS honest in one session.

I don't think the GT2RS was using more than 30% of it's 620bhp/520lb/ft performance, I noticed it behind me in one session and he wasn't catching up. It sounds daft but that car is almost "too" fast at a trackday with "normal" cars to use any of it's potential. It gets to 100 in about half the time of my M Coupe lol

Nippy white cup
lol I know what you mean. I moved over at one point an within a couple of seconds it was probably 10 car length ahead!

Chris

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
lol I know what you mean. I moved over at one point an within a couple of seconds it was probably 10 car length ahead!

Chris

But he eventually wrapped it into the tyres a couple of laps after he came past whiteley's car (with me as ballast inside it) rather sideways

Golf GTD Mk7
Nice vid Jord. It was suprising how you kept with the RS tbh. Shame it's being broken, but you may as well end on a high. Looking at donnington next month on the 16th. Cracking track.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
No most would polish out :) Some new carbon fibre parts required though mucho $$$

O/S front wing bore the brunt of the impact, I'd imagine the upholstery cleaning bill is significantly steep as well :rasp: