ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Clio Steering squeek and rumble

Mk1 Clio R Reg
I have a very annoying problem with my car, it rumbles after warming up goin 30-40+ Mph going straight and squeeks turning i have changed the wheel bearings and have changed brake pads and discs ( not to try and sort the problem ) any ideas what it could be?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
could be wheel balancing if it rumbles. The squeek when turning could be the pads making slight contact with the discs (seeing as they are both new) when turning. Mine did this for about 6 months after getting new discs and pads.

Mk1 Clio R Reg
no its not that kind of rumble its liek a washing machine rumble but really shakes steering wheel and it was still doing it before the disc an pads change..... any more ideas?

Car less once more
i got the same problem mate but at higher speeds and when brakeing and mines a mk1 r reg (the rumbling that is)

Mk1 Clio R Reg
i got the same problem mate but at higher speeds and when brakeing and mines a mk1 r reg (the rumbling that is)
yea same thing but mine does it from 30+ does yours squeek on turning? And yea mine is a Mk1 R reg Birraiatz

Car less once more
yer same car, your a 1.2?, havent hear eny squeeks yet but soon as i hit 80ish (yep i shouldnt hit 80) it rumbles to hell, but when brakeing it happens all the time

this was in another thred if it eny help
braking - warped disc
85mph - wheel ballance

Last edited:
  Renault Clio S
I used to have a MK1 Clio oasis with a squeeky stearing wheel. The squeek is caused by the expansion of a certain material used in the stearing column. Mine would squeek like hell when it was hot, and then run silent when it was cold. As far as I am aware, there's no easy fix for this.

The problem was finally solved when the car was stolen. It brings a smile to my face whenever it rains now as the sun roof leaked like hell.