ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 1996 1.2 first project

2.0 tsi Scirocco
yeh but i havnt got that sort of money to do that, and i wouldnt get insurance if i did that either

2.0 tsi Scirocco
thanks very much to Danec i now have some new bumpers for my car! :D now just gotta get them sprayed

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
i'm pretty sure that valver rear bumpers don't fit right on lower specs cars due to valvers having bigger rear arches. the bumpers over hang and don't line up to the arches

2.0 tsi Scirocco
haha how much you sellin the alloys for??

and if they dont fit properly then ill have to figure that out when it comes to it lol

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
the front will fit. i think the back will but the back ones stick out either end

2.0 tsi Scirocco
aw fair enough cheers for letting me know mate!

ill have to try and think of some plan to fix that then haha

2.0 tsi Scirocco
woo i got my cliosport welcome pack today :D next car meet i go im put those lil leaflet things in my window haha can anyone recommened a good splitter to go with my new front bumper?

2.0 tsi Scirocco
aw i dont have that sorta money atm :( im not sure yet i need to get it resprayed before i fit it

2.0 tsi Scirocco
bought a williams bonnet today (Y) tbh i wouldnt have bofered with getting one but my bonnet was destroyed and looked horrible and found a williams for 30 quid so thought why not!

its matt black tho haha iv put it on for fun, but will probably take it off until i can get it sprayed... will post some pictures of it tomoz :)

2.0 tsi Scirocco
here is the current matte black bonnet, will mostly likely get it sprayed tho haha

blackbonnet.jpg

2.0 tsi Scirocco
dw iv taken the bonnet of again now haha only put it on to see if it was good, im gunna get it sprayed with the new bumpers hopefully begining of next month :)

and the plan for this is im not really sure. probably just make it look like a williams/valver with lil differences?

see how it goes :)

2.0 tsi Scirocco
does anyone know anywhere around essex to get my bumpers and bonnet sprayed?? and possible prices for it?

2.0 tsi Scirocco
So, i havnt updated this in ages or even spoke on here in ages (even though im on here everyday :S) and since i have now had this car for a year i thought id update this with some new pictures of the cars current state!

Not much has changed due to lack of money, but its slowly getting there, still lots to do though.

Let me know what you think :)

rear.JPG
side.JPG
front2.JPG
pside.JPG
rear2.JPG
front.JPG
wheel.JPG
interior.JPG
boot.JPG

(Boot build in the making haha)

Plans -
Get new bumpers and bonnet sprayed (STILL!)
Colour code mirrors, or spray them the same colour as the wheels
LOWER IT!!

Last edited:
  Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Looks pretty decent dude. If your on a strict budget, dont even bother looking at bumpers, getting it painted etc will just add to the costs and will be pointless since you can make it just as good slammed. Either cheap coilies on the front, of get some lowering springs and chop em a lil lol

Always best to get the ride height sorted first and then the rest of the mods usually follow.

Take a look at Tommys Euro mk1

IMG_7258edit.jpg

Can get a similar look with just slamming it and spacing wheels out with original bumpers. Save you a lot of dosh.

2.0 tsi Scirocco
Yeah iv seen that car many times, i love it so much haha
iv got the bumpers and stuff already, iv had them ages i just always change my mind whether to sort them out or not haha
the next thing i want to do is definatly lower it, but i cant find any half decent front coilovers! :(

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Coilovers for 1.2 fitment is expensive, unless you get lucky and somebody is selling them stupid cheap. Look for some cheap lowering springs, 60mm minimum

2.0 tsi Scirocco
suggestions of what make? yeah im useless with springs haha
btw i really like your mk1! your car and Tommys car are now my inspiration for mine haha

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Cheers mate lol Spring make shouldnt make much of a difference tbh, mainly because all your after is ride height, and you not going to be flying around corners too fast in a 1.2 lol

I had 50mm Eibachs on my 1.2, didnt like them, too soft around corners and still a pretty stiff ride.

2.0 tsi Scirocco
no, it got scraped in December :( after someone kindly broke into it i lost love for it... and it just slowly died and became a waste of money

94' Valver F4R'd
That's a Shame, always nice to see other MK1 clios that are not Valvers or Williams! My MK1 PH3 is being treated to GAZ coilovers... mr banker hated me for it, should be worth it though! Will you ver get another mk1?