ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 172 values

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

What sort of value would you put on a Clio MK1 172 with 60k miles, full renault history from new and im lead to believe its in mint condition.

What should i look out for regarding warranty work that should have been done from new and any other specific 172 buying tips?

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Was there some warranty work that had to be done regarding suspension knocking?

I think this may be one of the earliest models and the guy is desperate to sell too though and the cam belt could be a good knocking down point regards price.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 17 July 2005

£4.5~5k

Seriously Mk1 172 prices are realy low look on autotrader.
I was thinking even less than this because i could have picked up a 2001 old headlight shaped 172 for 4k with 50k miles in black.

i was recently offered 5800 part exchange for my Mk1 172, late 2001, alloy bonnet on 43000 miles at Renault

they are all mint till you get there mate - judge the car at face value.

if its genuine - no paint or not too many marks, a uk model with fsh and low owners its worth it.

ive owned 2 mk1s and 1 mk2, imho the mk1 are better built and drive better and less problematic.

that said with all the right boxes ticked 5.5k max

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Quote: Originally posted by matt the cat on 18 July 2005

Dont i know it :( I travelled from Ireland to Liverpool to look at a clio before that was an absolute shed.

The guys taking the car to me so ill have a peep at her this thursday/friday night and let you know how i get on. I could be back in the clios yet.

Quote: Originally posted by paddymcc on 18 July 2005

Dont i know it :( I travelled from Ireland to Liverpool to look at a clio before that was an absolute shed.

The guys taking the car to me so ill have a peep at her this thursday/friday night and let you know how i get on. I could be back in the clios yet.
never buy a car from liverpool either! heh heh

Quote: Originally posted by paddymcc on 18 July 2005

personally id go and see it from cold.

Suzuki SV1000S

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 18 July 2005

i was recently offered 5800 part exchange for my Mk1 172, late 2001, alloy bonnet on 43000 miles at Renault
Me too matey - But when you say late 2001 - you mean April right as the last ones were made in April 2001 and the very last ones were in IceBurg silver (mk2 colour) - But yeah they offered me 5800 when I went to look at the trophy megane

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 18 July 2005

personally id go and see it from cold.
Oh yeah i know what you mean about seeing it from cold but im only going to check it out for myself then ill have a mechanic check her over from cold.

I almost bought a fiat coupe 20v turbo and on the day of going to pay for it i went down early just to see the engine started from cold and f**k was i shocked. You would have though she was a diesel.