ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 172 Catalyst?????

A local garage replaced the catalytic converter on my mk1 172 recently. Mine has the one lambda sensor, while later mk1 172's have two lambda sensors. The garage fitted a two lambda senor cat on mine, which I think is slightly longer as it pushed the whole exhaust system back and mate it rattle and bang. The also cut a hole in the heat shiled to stuff the spare sensor through! Can anyone reassure me that the two sensor cat is slightly longer, and by how much? Cheers, the garage are being buggers and claim that the work done was A1!

2005 Impreza WRX STI
i dont know about the length but i put a decat pipe on my late mk1 172 (mine has 2 sensors) but the decat had one (so i presume early mk1 172) and i left the 2nd sensor disconnected.... it was fine and i didnt notice any change in the exhaust sticking out. If its knocking, it might be up where the heatshield is!if possible, get it over a pit or on ramp and see if anything is catching on the heatshield. my sensor was catching on it and i just bent the heat shield a bit and it was fine!

It wasn't knocking against the heat shield, some crossmember I think? not too sure as I'm far from technically minded! Day contacted me and said there was a differnece in length and sent a photo. Anyone else know anything????

Gentlemen, lets not stray off the original post. Is the two lambda sensor cat for a mk1 172 longer than the one sensor cat? If so by how much???

Janspeed Decat ~ Mk2 172 pictured top
Janspeed Decat ~ Mk1 172 pictured bottom

1108141601__Untitled-5.jpg

Please, please, please how much longer is the two lambda sensor cat than the one sensor cat? I must know!?