ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk 2 Phase 1 - 18 Inch Wheels

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

Hello, this is my first post on here, So hello :)

I have a 1999 Clio 1.2 RN (dont laugh :))

At the moment its sitting on 17" wheels, Lowered 60mm all round and I get no problems anywhere.

Hoever, I have just recieved a full body kit, carbon bonnet, angel eyes etc after a £3,500 spending spree and theres more to come.

I have decided to change my wheels, and go for a set of 18" Konig Unknowns.

I was just wondering what arch word would be required, and what offset i should go for?

The car is lowered 60mm at the moment, but I am going to go lower in the future, maybe on an airbag or hydraulic set up.

many thanks

[Edited by Crazy Clio on 8/12/2005 12:00:31 AM]

[Edited by Crazy Clio on 8/12/2005 12:00:49 AM]

Mazda MX5 1.8

spend some money on a new/better engine rather than all these show mods

cant help in ur question though lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

why, im 17, got all the time in my life for a fast car.

and if i wanted speed i wouldnt be ona Renault forum would i :)

Thanks anyway

Might be worth PMing Fred2001Dynamic - his is nice and low :cool:

Welcome to the club by the way :)

Not everyone here is totally into body mods but dont be put off by them! :D

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by Crazy Clio on 12 August 2005

Lighting the blue touch paper with that comment , obviously dont know much about clios matey some cracking 2 ltrs on here beating skylines,scoobys and pulsars etc with vids to prove

As for the wheels IIRC they go on without the need for arch work but you will need to buy some spare drivshafts

ST

Quote: Originally posted by The Big Yin on 12 August 2005

Lighting the blue touch paper with that comment , obviously dont know much about clios matey some cracking 2 ltrs on here beating skylines,scoobys and pulsars etc with vids to prove

As for the wheels IIRC they go on without the need for arch work but you will need to buy some spare drivshafts
Yeah and even 1.2s that look fast eh shaun, lol!

A narrow mind is a terrible thing.

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 12 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by The Big Yin on 12 August 2005

Yeah and even Red 1.4s that look fast eh shaun, lol!

You knows it.........;) Red is the fastest colour !!!!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

many thanks and i appologise if i caused offence in the post above.

IS that clio there on 18s? how much si it lowered?

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

About 3 metres knowing fred. Anyway Fred, get some side skirts on there, it looks like a flippin pringles can with wheels (a low one though, of course ;))

A well built VW

many thanks and i appologise if i caused offence in the post above.

IS that clio there on 18s? how much si it lowered?
17s lowered 110 mm at last reckoning IIRC

if i were you, id save the extra £££, stick with the 17s, and put the money into the bank to afford a better car when you look to upgrade

18s will do nothing to the appearance of the car compared to 17s, as fred says, unless its seriously low (100mm+) it will look like a roller skate, handling will be even worse than on 17s, and as for accelleration, i think even a perodua nippa would hit 60 quicker

Suzuki SV650

why, im 17, got all the time in my life for a fast car.

Thanks anyway
This guys a legend, hes only havin a joke with us!

I dont know anything about sticking 18s on a clio but fred is your man.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

I wouldnt put 18s on, as someone i know had them on for a while, and blew his gear box, poor thing couldnt take it!

Got any pics of your car?

Mike

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

many thanks for the info.

110mm? is that on air bags or hydraulics?

My skirts and bumpers came today, and teh yare very deep, so cant see em been able to go THAT low, would be nice tho.

I have 4 amps, 2 batyteries and 2 subs in my boot though, that helps me go lower :)

Any ideas what work was needed for those 18s on that cup?

neither :eek:

coilovers from FK

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

many thanks for the info.

My skirts and bumpers came today, and teh yare very deep, so cant see em been able to go THAT low, would be nice tho.

I have 4 amps, 2 batyteries and 2 subs in my boot though, that helps me go lower :)

Any ideas what work was needed for those 18s on that cup?
as said, 18s will go straight on...!

its so obvious youre 17... lol

deep skirts and bumpers on a clio.... nice ;)

what a waste of £3500, cant understand why you spent that, on a car that wont even be worth that - id have spent it on a 172 engine maybe...

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

Its only money, you get more, and im only young once. I might as well do what I want to do, I will only regret it if I dont. I have got another £2,000 to spend, S oi have ordered the wheels.

I thought FKs Coilovers only drop to 80mm?

As for Engine Upgrade, Ive spoke to BB tuning, and Torsion Tuning about droppinga 1.6 16v Turbo enginein it, for just under £3,500 supplied and fitted. This will go in at one point, not for the speed, just for the wahhhhhh tschhhhhhhhh. As explained, Speed doesnt interest me at this age, It would just cause me harm,

[Edited by Crazy Clio on 8/13/2005 6:33:44 PM]

Lionel Richie

dude, youre awesome!!!! i like your "f**k off attitude" its awesome!!!!

i had my FK coilovers custom made, so they do down 110mm

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 13 August 2005

Waste of time on a 1.2... Polisher

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 14 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 13 August 2005dude, youre awesome!!!! i like your "f**k off attitude" its awesome!!!!

i had my FK coilovers custom made, so they do down 110mm[/QUOTE]Waste of time on a 1.2... Polisher

obviously never seen it through the corners

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 14 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 13 August 2005

Waste of time on a 1.2... Polisher

obviously never seen it through the corners
Cause you never take it on the track. Anymore.

A well built VW

Why ask when you are obviously gonna do it anyway

I admire your attitude , we are here to help, most people where your age once anbd may even have been down the same road as you are planning and advise on the best options its your choice what you do BUT the amount you spend on bodykits could have made your car like freds and he has embarrassed many cars including a cup in his 1.2 16v with the right mods Bodykits just tend to make your car worth less and it cost a lot of wonga to paint and fit (easier to sell a standard car and the right mods can be taken off and sold Just my opinion anyway wait to see pics of it fonished

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 14 August 2005Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 14 August 2005 Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 13 August 2005dude, youre awesome!!!! i like your "f**k off attitude" its awesome!!!!
i had my FK coilovers custom made, so they do down 110mm[/QUOTE]Waste of time on a 1.2... Polisher
[/QUOTE]
obviously never seen it through the corners[/QUOTE]Cause you never take it on the track. Anymore.

soon boyo, soon, need a bit more power first

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

i appreciate what you are saying Big YIN, and i admit you are right and know i am wasting my money. Bit i dont do it to make money i do it cause it makes me happy :)

I saw a few REALLY bad accidents lately that have been cause of speeding, since then ive been drivign everywhere at 20mph and i prefer going slow and looking good, jus tcome back from trax saw many of the clios which are mainly performance orientated and i haev as much respect for these, as i do fora 1.1 saxo onm 20s, but its just the 1.1 saxo on 20s appeals more to me.

Anyway, i went for 19"s dno if they fit, but ill have to make em :)