ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mixing subs in install

Polo + Micra

is this a good/bad idea???

ive seen loads of installs that mave more than one sub but they allways use the same brand of sub, but i thought this was just for looks???

its just i dont want to buy another sub as ive got one that im not using already and really starting to like the idea of having a pair of 12s (again)

it is always recommended that you use 2 subs of the same brand and the same model and size etc as every sub has its own characteristics.

If you are going for 2 12s then you should have the same models. I use 2x ported 12s and 2x sealed 15s in the same install which after plenty of testing ive manged to get sounding decent enough. I wouldnt recommend anyone tries it though cos its a mission.

How about just having 1 decent 12" amd a bigger amp as you will in some cases get better Sound quality and may get better results.

Polo + Micra

yeah ive got 1 "decent" sub in there at the mo and a better one under my bed doing f**k all

i put the stats for both subs into bass box pro and they are completely different output charatirstics(sp?):mad:

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont bother, it will sound crap mate

put your efforts into the best of the 2 subs, if you do want 2, sell 1 of em an get the same as the one you want to keep, or sell em both an get 2 of somethin else