ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mix of tires?

BMW E36 328i Sport
I'm getting compensation for a damaged tyre from a pothole, I'm going to get a pilot sport 3 so I think I'll buy another one myself so I'll have to ps3s on the front. My rear tires are a crap brand so I want to change those as well but don't have the money for ps3s on the back. I was thinking of T1-Rs on the rear? Is this a good idea or will it make the back end slide out?

Any help would be good thanks.

RS 182 CUP
should be ok mate tbh, id only be concerned about the rear if you were putting budgets like "wanli" on!

Bux

Golf GTD
It'll be fine mate. I've got different ones on the front compared to the rear.

Goodyears on the front and Dunlops on the back

Stripped yozza'd cup
As much as everyone says it will be fine, I wouldn't want odd tyres on my car. Front to rear isn't nearly as bad as left to right mind

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Different front and back is fine, different on either side isn't.

When I first got my 172 it had 3 different makes of tyres and it was all over the shop.

BMW E36 328i Sport
should be ok mate tbh, id only be concerned about the rear if you were putting budgets like "wanli" on!

Original pilot sports on the front westlakes on the rear atm, hence the car being in the bodyshop! So the likes of toyo's should be ok on the rear then.