ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mitt & Microfibre Care

Golf GT & A4 Avant
once ive finished washing the car i run the hose or pressure over it to clean it up, ring out as much water as possi le then leave over the edge of my bucket typically

leave it somewhere it can air and not freeze

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My wash mitt gets run under a hot tap until all the soap is out and then left on the side in the kitchen until its bone dry. Then gets putin the bucket in the shed.

If you leave them damp in the garage they start to smell musty and I can't stomach that smell, hence my need to keep it bone dry! lol.

As Dan says. If you leave them damp you run the risk of odours and (a bit like leaving a dish to soak) the fibers may fall out as the glue softens.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Run water through it and make sure theres nothing trapped in the fibres.

Shake it outside to throw most fo the water off.

Leave in a warm-ish place to air out (E.g. airing cupboard)

Run a comb/brush through it when its slightly damp to prevent it matting.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Like the sound of brushing. ;) ill try that one next time.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, it will malt a bit but it returns it closer to the original condition instead of how it was when it was still on the sheep.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Leave my lambswool mitts to soak in a basin or bowl and the fibres seem to separate and release any trapped particles, Micro fibres get washed in the washing machine with woolite. Do not tumble dry.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
as said already, rinse thoroughly then hang up to dry.

as for washing your microfibres, i put all mine in the washing machine with a cap full of aldi's 'almat' non bio gel. its cheap, and cleans better than any dedeicated MF wash products ive used. a drop of distilled vinegar in the rinse compartment will help remove any wax residues on them too. i do this for any foam pads aswell.

machine pads get a pre soak in fairy liquid then chucked in the washing machine as above

Best way to look after the Auto Finesse Mitts is hand wash with warm water not hot.

With Micro fibres cloths and towels these can be machine washed 40 degrees with a non bio detergent (do not use powder or fabric softener)

Sian :)

Tumbledrying is bad mmmkay?

7298023724_5b0a19145e_c.png

IMG-20120529-01111 by Adam, on Flickr

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I hand washed mine recently with nikwax tech wash (for goretex act) seem to work well

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Because its just a very mild non bio liquid detergent, it doesn't add any water repellency

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
A non-detergent, biodegradable liquid soap which removes dirt and detergent residues,

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
No just designed to clean them without damaging ( they do a specific re proofer a bit like unibond) which is why I tried it. Worked well