ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mitsubishi Evo Recaro's To 172

hey guys, basically i've been offered some recaro's and i want them in my 172

i know i need recaro seat rails which i can get supplied by local car tunnign shop in aberdeen, however i'm sure that recaro use the universal seat bolt to frame pattern? 3 bolts on each side am i right??

for the clio's anyway those people who have reacro seats in thier car can they confirm this?? what the bolt pattern on the recaro frame for the clio is?

also will the seats fit in the front? as i'll be able to get the frames so what about the actual seats? width etc? sit too high maybe? hit the roof?

thanks
jonny

DSC03446.gif

this is the pic i have of them

Evo 6, E92 320d
They should fit, i put an accord type r one in mine. One of the origional captive nuts did not match up to the subframe, but there was another hole pre drilled that i used, just had to use a new nut.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
They should fit, i put an accord type r one in mine. One of the origional captive nuts did not match up to the subframe, but there was another hole pre drilled that i used, just had to use a new nut.

I'm always looking on ebay for a set of accord type r recaros.

No luck so far :(

I'm always looking on ebay for a set of accord type r recaros.

No luck so far :(

i've got a set of mint ek9 civic /dc2 integra red recaro's with mint bolsters changed one as it was slightly sagging.

might be for sale if i get the right price for them. i paid 550 for them with a buggered bolster early this year.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
i've got a set of mint ek9 civic /dc2 integra red recaro's with mint bolsters changed one as it was slightly sagging.

might be for sale if i get the right price for them. i paid 550 for them with a buggered bolster early this year.

How come your not fitting these to your clio then mate??

How come your not fitting these to your clio then mate??

originally planned to but my colour change idea messed up everything lol

i was gonna have these i my clio with red brake clipers and red dash strips
instead got yellow brake calipers and had yellow dash strips but now they're monaco blue dash strips and still yellow calipers

so i fancy the seats as they're blue and dont stand out as much as bright red seats, the red just wouldnt go with anything on the car now :(

dont really want to sell them but i have to sell cause i need the money for them

ah nah these would be for clio - mitsubishi

however that's the same price the shop in aberdeen quoted me that was from recaro direct i think

Evo 6, E92 320d
Well to help you out, the measurement between the two captive nuts for a clio are approx 300mm apart, if the holes are like that on the evo seats you can bolt straight on.

Evo 6, E92 320d
The seat to the frame, on mine there were two nuts on either side with a cover on them, holding them captive in place.

ah kl

aye so 4 nuts in total to hold a seat to a frame?

think my ek9 recaro's are different, they've got 2 at the bottom and one at the top, 6 per seat to frame

picking them up saturday it's official :D cant wait

anyone got recar rails for sale or know of any place i'd get other than the local dealer in aberdeen??
breakers yard? somthing?

thanks dude jus added monaco blue dash strips and gear knob piece and steering wheel piece aswell :D

should all blend in nicely

maybe strip the rear out with a cage and get a sparco harness on both driver and pass sides