ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mito got Juiced

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
My partners new run around, picked it up monday. We asked them not to 'valet' it, but it still came out with scratches on the roof + bonnet like a cover or blade has been dragged over it
mad.gif

Plus they put a nice dull swirly patch on the bootlid to get a scratch out, glad they didnt notice the rest!
shocked.gif
The wheels will be coming off soon so didnt polish or seal yet
smile.gif

So, heres the process

Pre wash with bug bugger + TFR
Wheels washed with as smartwheels
Arches with TFR + pw
Snow foam with quite strong TFR + SP
Wash 2bm + SN shampoo
Dried off inside as it rained!
Clayed with gentle grey
Bonnet three passes with mark v kwik kut on a megs cutting pad (bloody tough paint!)
Same on the bootlid but a poorboys blue spot pad (great pads)
Lime primed entire car with g220 + megs black finishing pad
Windows cleaned
Waxed with dodo austintacious! WOW!

Im pleased with the results, I left the roof till next week as I couldnt face the hard paint!

Heres the pics

2009_0801mitododo0001.jpg

2009_0801mitododo0002.jpg

2009_0801mitododo0003.jpg

Taping up was fiddelly :eek:

2009_0801mitododo0008.jpg

2009_0801mitododo0005.jpg

Bonnet :eek:

2009_0801mitododo0015.jpg

Bootlid

2009_0801mitododo0011.jpg

Sorted, not the best of pics

2009_0801mitododo0012.jpg

Windows had light rain spots, this worked a treat ;)

2009_0801mitododo0016.jpg

2009_0801mitododo0018.jpg

Clean

2009_0801mitododo0017.jpg

mmmmm :approve:

2009_0801mitododowaxed0006.jpg

Tidy ups

2009_0801mitododowaxed0002.jpg

The results

2009_0801mitododowaxed0015.jpg

2009_0801mitododowaxed0026.jpg

2009_0801mitododowaxed0019.jpg

2009_0801mitododowaxed0021.jpg

2009_0801mitododowaxed0004.jpg

2009_0801mitododowaxed0022.jpg

2009_0801mitododowaxed0028.jpg

2009_0801mitododowaxed0033.jpg

2009_0801mitododowaxed0034.jpg

:D

Not got a car
Nice. Dodo is a great product.

Hmmmm i need some of them detail swob things, becuase i need to clean round my badges.

Skoda Fabia vRS
nice work, id have been pretty annoyed that they gave you a brand new car with those fine swirls in it, but its done now and looking good, whats that dodo wax like ?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
cheers boys, the swabs are quite expensive at £10 but very handy :D

I doubt the garage would be able to do anything about the scratches, im buggered if I was letting them get hold of it again! :eek:

The wax is very nice, havent checked out the beading yet. Still think SN is the best dodo juice wax followed by rubbish boys juiced edition ;)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice effort Dawn ;-) Funky little car too :)

I still need to let you give my car the Magpie Magic !!

2009_0801mitododowaxed0028.jpg

^ Is this a reflection in the door, or a camera malfunction !? :S

182 & Porsche 986
nice effot :) was the car bought brand new?

btw were did you get your autosmart spray bottles from? i need some as the sprayers on mine just keep rotting

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cheers peeps. Clare i got my bottles from my autosmart rep, had em about four years now and still going strong!

yes it was brand new :)

Dip the drive is very pleasant, and with the sport mode is very good. It helps the revs kick in quicker and stiffens the steering wheel. Then theres the all weather mode ;)

very nice build quality too

RS Clio 172 Cup
What a shocking condition to collect it in!!! Nothing that a bit of detailing cant sort though! Need to find someone to do mine now, its like swirl city!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
when i ordered my car i told them if you go near my car with a sponge your keeping it, when i got it they had washed it and valeted it, but true to their word, it was swirl free. either they just snow foamed it, or they have some one ther who knows how to use a machine polisher. Valeters at a dealership usually only get about £10-17 to do a full valet and about 1.5-2 hours to do it in, so you have to wonder what kind of job they a re going to do. i seen a valeter machine polish a whole car in 12 minutes. I tried to explain to people at work what swirl marks were and how you wash a car not a single person thought it was worth the hastle lol.
looks a smart wee car though.
And also why do all aircraft hangers look immaculate, i ve never seen a messy/untidy one?

cracking job there i must say looks awesome on that reflection shot,

cant beleive how many paint defects it came with from the showroom

They did a proper job of swirling the paint, i'd not expect that on a new car ! (i'd be pretty annoyed tbh)

The end results (as always) are cracking.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
when i ordered my car i told them if you go near my car with a sponge your keeping it, when i got it they had washed it and valeted it, but true to their word, it was swirl free. either they just snow foamed it, or they have some one ther who knows how to use a machine polisher. Valeters at a dealership usually only get about £10-17 to do a full valet and about 1.5-2 hours to do it in, so you have to wonder what kind of job they a re going to do. i seen a valeter machine polish a whole car in 12 minutes. I tried to explain to people at work what swirl marks were and how you wash a car not a single person thought it was worth the hastle lol.
looks a smart wee car though.
And also why do all aircraft hangers look immaculate, i ve never seen a messy/untidy one?

lol, I've given up trying to tell people about swirlies! The hangers have to be nice + tidy, its the rules :D

Thanks guys :eek:

Megane R26
Ok, try doing the jobs with cotton buds then try the swabs! ;)

Exactly - not exactly cotton buds. Sure I'm sure they could be sourced for a decent price, but Dom has gone out of his way to source the best out there and package them for us. £10 isn't too bad given how many you get, and is much cheaper than the Megs ones available.