ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missing Clio 197 R27 F1

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Next year will be 10 years since the first of the special edition Clio R27 F1's rolled of the production line.

Now we all know that RenaultSport built 500 for the UK.

However according to How Many Left's website only 465 were registered in the UK.

So where are the missing few that remain are there unregistered cars still sitting in a lock up somewhere or were they never sold ?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Still sat in a dealership, waiting to be sold under a 66 plate.

Did they actually send 500 over here though?

Because I know they were meant to do 50 raiders over here but afaik only 28 were sold

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah should have made it a plural headline.
It only shows 465 Initial registrations.

So that means that 35 are still unregistered according to that database. Or were never registered in the UK.

I am thinking maybe some were bought by UK forces personnel tax free and sent to places like Germany and registered on the British forces Germany car system.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I know where number 500 is, the extra special one.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah should have made it a plural headline.
It only shows 465 Initial registrations.

So that means that 35 are still unregistered according to that database. Or were never registered in the UK.

I am thinking maybe some were bought by UK forces personnel tax free and sent to places like Germany and registered on the British forces Germany car system.

When you buy through British forces Germany they still come from a UK dealer and are first registered in the uk. Then have to export them.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Possibly were never sent, or were mis-registered, or the database isn't 100% accurate??

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I thought the initial registration for BFG was done on the German system?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I thought the initial registration for BFG was done on the German system?

Well I bought 2 brand new cars while I was out there, both were picked up from UK dealers with UK plates on. Although they did have some weird tax discs actually.

I could be wrong as it was over 2 years ago since I last did it though.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Did you have to change the reg plates when you got them into or did they stay on the same reg you picked them up as in Germany ? @DrR

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Changed when it got registered in Germany, then when I went back to uk it's old plate was put back on.

Did you have to change the reg plates when you got them into or did they stay on the same reg you picked them up as in Germany ? @DrR
d

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah was pre registered in the UK then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I thought all figures on "How many left" are to be taken with a pinch of salt?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Not so much how many were built but how many got registered I am after.