ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missfire/stutter in 1st and 2nd between 2k-3k rpm?

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guy's after a bit of advice if anyone has any idea's?
My ph2 172 has developed a odd miss fire/splutter over the last couple of weeks. It doesn't happen all the time but is pretty annoying and makes me look like I can't drive properly haha. Oddly it only happens in 1st and second and if you keep your foot in it will rev cleanly to the redline once past 3k.
I've got no engine management lights on and I've done a scan with a bluetooth obd scanner which didn't flag anything up, although I am dubious about how accurate it is.

Anything worth me trying or changing or just get it booked in for a proper diagnostic session?

Cheers!

172 cup
My old 172 did this for a while. Turned out to be an injector fault. However could be anything to do with the injectors, wiring etc or ignition coil pack leads etc. so you are probably best getting it on a clip reader, as I have seen several people replace a list of parts blindly trying to find the fault.

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick update incase its of any use to anyone else.
I recently fitted a second hand cat and a new centre exhaust section as mine was blowing badly. When changing the cat over I couldn't get the pre cat lambda sensor out. I replaced it with a Bosch one from eurocarparts and its driven fine since, pulls smoothly from idle to redline.
Probably one of a thousand things that could cause the symptoms I had but mine seems to be fixed for now!