ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfiring

172 CUP
I would imagine its probably much simpler than that tbh.

Could be coil/lead/spark plug related

In fact, my girlfriends '03 Expression had this problem, and it was the coil pack. Its been fine since!

clio 1.6 16v 2001 (Y reg)
i've got a y reg 1.6.16v clio. this is missing too, i've bought 2 pencil coils (as its all the supplier had) and i've tried these coils in each pot and the misfire hasn't moved. i'm gonna put new spark plugs in 2moro to see if that shifts it. i had the same problem 2 years ago when i had a warranty. took the car to renault and they replaced ONE coil, even tho they told me (and everyone else) its best to change all 4 at once, but they didn't do that to mine. anyway, they put in one coil and that sorted the problem. now the problem has came back after 2 years and i've tried 2 new coils but can't shift the problem!!!!

anyone have any ideas???? this needs to be sorted as i need the car to help me move house!!

any help is appreciated.

1.4 Dynamique
most likely cause as said before is either coil pack or spark plugs, id change them first, sorted mine when i had same problem