ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

misfiring PLEASE HELP

172 sport

Can anyone help.

My car is misfiring when sitting in traffic/statianary.Ive got a k-tec induction kit on it and also a devil back box,ive ruled out the back box after removing it nxt stage to remove the induction kit.was just wondering if anyone can save me sometime and maybe knows why this is happening?:confused:

thanks

describe the symptoms first please.

WHat do you mean by misfiring?

are you actually skipping a cylinder?

172 sport

Once the cars has warmed and at a standstill it feels as if somones jst hit the back of the car.Also if you watch the engine the hole engine rocks.Also if u listen at the backend the only way to describe it is like a v loud spitting noise.any ideas?

Willy2

sounds silly but all the plug leads on properly, might be a dodgey set of leads, my old BM had a very bad habit of making one of the leads disconnect itself and it was like driving a tractor. The BM leads go in side ways and it used to just fall off due to vibration.