ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire

ph2 clio sport 172
So after nearly having a meltdown at state of my plugs I thought I sorted my misfire issue. After buying new plugs I still noticed a slight misfire when around 5k and above. Very faint but could tell car wasn't picking up as it should. Could it be coil pack? Noticed two small cracks on mine as shown in photo. Would this be next thing to change?
sa6ygumy.jpg
yquma4av.jpg

Also which brand of coil pack? Oem from k tech about £62 euro car parts have a sale on at moment so £50 ish but not sure if oem

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
The Coil rots inside and the rust between the metal areas on the feet and the inlet doesn't help. Mine had the same cracks but bigger and a very rusty mess inside. I bought a second hand genuine one on Ebay with leads for 20 quid. That was two track days ago and the car touch wood has Been fine. Not aware the coils are anything special. Someone may correct me on that though.

ph2 clio sport 172
Cheers. I posted wrong pic on second one there's a bigger crack on other side. Il have a look on eBay then. Gonna try a mates first to see if it is 100% coil pack