ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

misfire?

RacingBlue + IceBurg
car has been misfiring (i think?) a bit over the last week. when stationary the exhaust chugs, and saw a video on youtube of someone who posted a misfire and it sounded similar. and ocasionaly i'll be going along and it will sort of judder for a split second

is this a misfire? can't be plugs/leads cos had a service yesterday and had new ones fitted and still did it after. any ideas?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Any lights on or just the missfire? Just because its had 'new' parts doesn't mean they're not damaged or faulty!

Sounds to me like either an ignition coil fault or something not right with the fuel injection. Eitehr way it'll be far easier to take it somewhere to get it looked at and plugged in to see what the live data suggests as it could literally be 10 or more things.

Mick

renault clio 1.2 :)
my wee clio has been doing the same recently. a bit juddery when drivin slowish but fine when the foots to the floor. recently i have had service, timing belt, coil pack and fuel injectors done and still not runnin to good. do you keep spendin money or get rid?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
my wee clio has been doing the same recently. a bit juddery when drivin slowish but fine when the foots to the floor. recently i have had service, timing belt, coil pack and fuel injectors done and still not runnin to good. do you keep spendin money or get rid?

just drive flat out everywhere then!!!!

RacingBlue + IceBurg
lol i've ordered a new coil pack to see if that sorts it. if not then will get it plugged in. was thinkin might be lambda (?) and gonna cost a bit much to buy a replacement for it not to work lol

renault clio 1.2 :)
i have changed coil, fuel injectors and has connected to comp by auto spark and all he said was it coming up as a mis-fire on cylinder 3.. not very helpful at all :(

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
So it was diagnosed with a misfiring on #3 and that wasn't helpfull? To me that tells me exactly where the problem with your cars lays so pull the plug, inspect it and repace if required. Also, carry out a compression test to that cylinder. Then check the injector and finally scope the injector and coil drivers to make sure the ECM is triggering them correctly.

The "Autospark" should've been able to do this for you if he was worth his cash... unless he was just another goon with a cheap code reader claiming to be an Autospark

Mick

Iv got the same problem, misfire on #3, changed the plugs on all 4, bought some after market leads but they suck. so going to get some renault ones as the after market ones are too soft at the bottom and are way to hard to get onto the plugs!
Im contemplating trying swapping my coils around this weekend and resetting the fault to see if it happens again, but the engine management light seems to come on and off....and the misfire is only slight as in not noticeable, but the gear stick vibrates a little, it only happens when im stationary at lights or something! Quite strange!
Ill let you know of any progress!

renault clio 1.6 16v
i had that issue a few months back, took it to a good friend who checked the car over for free and there was no faults shown, i changed the plugs, put some decent ones in and all is fine now