ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire, running rich and strange engine noise

clio 182
Hi all,
Hopefully someone can help me out. I have developed the above after changing plugs, removing and re intalling pre cat lambda sensor to fit a pms shifter and replacing the MAP sensor. I removed the plugs and three are sooty but no.4? nearest the gearbox is clean. Has anyone any ideas?
Cheers, PJ.

PH2 172
Hi all,
Hopefully someone can help me out. I have developed the above after changing plugs, removing and re intalling pre cat lambda sensor to fit a pms shifter and replacing the MAP sensor. I removed the plugs and three are sooty but no.4? nearest the gearbox is clean. Has anyone any ideas?
Cheers, PJ.

No 1 cylinder is closest the gearbox, which is a usefull piece of information if you are to interpret any diagnostics correctly.

Given your previous assumption that No1 was at the cambelt end, have you reversed the HT leads on cylinders 2 & 3?

Failing that, you may have damaged the Lambda or it`s connections.

clio 182
Cheers for the reply Steve.

Ive reversed 2+3 and runs the same. My first thought was a damaged sensor or connection as there is no plug for a new senor, it runs straight up behind the engine. A bodge job by the looks of it from previous owners/owner.

Is there any way of bypassing the pre cat lambda or will i need to get it tested?

Cheers.

PH2 172
Cheers for the reply Steve.

Ive reversed 2+3 and runs the same. My first thought was a damaged sensor or connection as there is no plug for a new senor, it runs straight up behind the engine. A bodge job by the looks of it from previous owners/owner.

Is there any way of bypassing the pre cat lambda or will i need to get it tested?

Cheers.

That makes life difficult, as the usual answer is to swap the sensors front to back.

The correct Bosch number is 0258006046.

Perhaps CS can provide a connector plug?

Attachments

• PRE CAT LOOM PLUG.jpg
    PRE CAT LOOM PLUG.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80