ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire doing my head in!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
After any suggestions as to how to solve my misfire.

Showing as fault code P0300 and EML is flashing.

So far I have tried:

Fresh fuel (car was sat a while, so better safe than sorry)
New plugs (NGK PRF6E from G172)
New coil pack
New cat and fittings
New crank sensor

aside new leads (going to triple check the connections / firing order tonight before I order more parts)
I'm running out of ideas.

HELP!!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
as in, injectors are shot, possible loose/poor connection or just run some injector cleaner through the system?

i'll add those to tonights list of jobs

Arctic Blue 182
Disconnect one at a time to identify which cylinder is misfiring. Obvs reconnect each one before disconnecting the next and when you pull one and the engine note doesn`t change you have found your knackered bit. You can either pull the power plug from each injector or remove the HT lead. Your just trying to work out which cylinder. Then yeah I guess check the resistance but mine was obvs a knackered injector as I had changed leads and Sparks so just bought a new one when i had identified which cylinder/injector it was. Hope that helps fella or should I say bloke.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Update:

all sorted, no idea what the problem was, but its now solved with no additional parts.

I removed the new coilpack,
unbolted the plenum
removed all ht leads.
removed all plugs
disconnected and removed all injectors
degreased all injectors.

re-assembled

worked spot on!