ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mintex rear discs

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Can anyone confirm why these wouldn’t fit a 182 as the seller seems quite adamant that they won’t:

Cheers
Dan

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Genuine Renault discs are what most recommend for the rear and aren’t that expensive

Correct but they are double the cost.

They will fit both 172 and 182

Just dont expect the bearings in the Mintex discs to last ages. They're pretty shite from my experience

This is what I assumed, I don’t see why they wouldn’t fit, just need them for backups on track as I’ve been stuck before with a collapsed rear bearing from a genuine disc which wasn’t ideal.

RB 182 FF
I bought 2 sets of mintex rear discs a few years ago for my 04 reg 182 and my mates 03 reg 172, the discs fitted my 182 but not his 172....! Also the bearings in mine lasted a few months, so I'd echo only buying genuine rear discs...

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeh I’m aware genuine are the best and that’s all I’ve ever ran, but as above I just wanted some spares for track side due to previous issues, if they are that shite I won’t bother, cheers guys

monaco 172
I can't see how they wouldn't fit. Renault parts direct list the same rear discs for the 172 and 182.

I used mintex on my 172 and the bearings were still going strong when I sold it.

RB 182 FF
Yup I was as surprised as you when they didn't fit my mates 03 plate 172... It was years ago but from memory I think the axle size was different or something...

My mechanic friend was doing it for me so there wasnt any silly mistakes on my behalf, they simply didn't fit! Also he fitted mine correctly on the 182 with the washer behind and torqued the hub nut but the bearings still failed... Maybe I was just unlucky...!