ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini SNES

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I've just seen that they are wired controller's and not Bluetooth which I thinks a bit odd in this day, especially with bigger TV's and sitting further away. Supposed to be really short leads too.
The power cable is much longer than the nes. Also it's just a standard power cable so you could buy a longer one. The controller cables are longer than the nes too. It's really not that bad. Means the controllers are nice and light(retro feeling)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I've just seen that they are wired controller's and not Bluetooth which I thinks a bit odd in this day, especially with bigger TV's and sitting further away. Supposed to be really short leads too.
The power cable is much longer than the nes. Also it's just a standard power cable so you could buy a longer one. The controller cables are longer than the nes too. It's really not that bad. Means the controllers are nice and light(retro feeling)

A4 Avant & A3
Well I picked up the mini snes on Saturday night... thinking I'd wasted my cash.
Fired it up last night, me & my 6 year old lad had a great time playing the games. (was it wrong to let a 6 year old play street fighter?)
The Mrs obviously thinks I'm sad & what a waste of money etc... but I love it lol

Only played Mario kart, Mario world & street fighter so far.

A4 Avant & A3
I did have a bit if that while trying to remember how to do Chun-Li's spinning bird kick! lol
got it in the end, by that time I got beat by a 6 year old.
I'm still not very good at street fighter!

I did find it good fun, but as with everything game related, I do get bored of it pretty quickly, so no doubt the novelty factor will wear off shortly.

My lads sit/would sit (if allowed) for hours playing games.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I forgot how hard games were back then. Kids these days don't know they are born.

My hands hurt too. Not the most ergonomic controller!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Stupid underwater level on mario. 7 lives.
Turned off in rage. Haven't even attempted Mario kart yet.

172 Turbo
Got my two delivered from Argos on Friday and noticed eBay prices had dived, so walked out of Smyths on Sunday without the third only to get home and find two had sold on eBay for £130.

Muttering swear words, I fired up the SNES emulator with my 4 year old who fell in love with Donkey Kong Country.

30 minute drive back to Smyths to collect the other one and it's away in the cupboard for his Xmas present, nicely paid for by profit from the two sold on eBay :D

172 Turbo
Worth trying your local Smyths, any pre orders that weren't picked up went on general sale on Monday so perhaps there are a few left

A SHED!
Well got one of these for Xmas off the wife. I forgot how hard these games were. Contra is brutal. Super Mario is frustrating. Love it though. I hope they bring out a n64 mini.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Saw one of these in CeX today. Can confirm, they sure are mini. Very small indeed. I want one, but sure I'd quickly get bored of it. Hardly get enough time to play the PS4 as it is!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bought the mrs one for Christmas, thanks to Gus on here telling me that eBay Argos had some just before Christmas.

We've played it a fair, she's been hitting donkey Kong rather hard. I've got streetfighter thumb from too many hadoukens and contra is bloody impossible!

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I remember smashing Contra back in the day. Bet I’d be s**t at it now [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Saw this in Smyths toys near Norwich. Bargain for someone?
IMG_9351.JPG

Whats the going rate for these?

I bought one, used it for about 40 minutes smashing the wife at Mario Kart and Street Fighter, then decided to turn it off and smash something else. 90-120 seconds later after I'd finished that side of things packed it back away and it's sat in a draw since.

Clio
Mine goes in the bag if we are ever going away for a weekend or whatever, perfect for an hours kill time. Never get it out at home.
Mostly Super Mario.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Whats the going rate for these?
I bought one, used it for about 40 minutes smashing the wife at Mario Kart and Street Fighter, then decided to turn it off and smash something else. 90-120 seconds later after I'd finished that side of things packed it back away and it's sat in a draw since.
For this very reason I'm quite glad my original order was returned when no one was around to collect it from the post office.